SAN FRANCISCO – March 8, 2019 – RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, today concluded its 28th annual event in San Francisco.
The week saw more than over 42,500 attendees, 740 speakers and 700 exhibitors at Moscone Center and Marriott Marquis, where they experienced the North and South Expo, keynote presentations, peer-to-peer sessions, track sessions, tutorials, seminars and special events on topics such as privacy, hackers and threats, machine learning, artificial intelligence and the human element, law, IoT security, public interest technology, and talent shortages.
“At RSA Conference, we strive to showcase unique content from the world’s top cybersecurity minds, and the latest security solutions, in a way that connects us all, reveals diverse perspectives, and creates a safe space for tackling the tough issues we all face,” said Linda Gray Martin, Director & Chief of Operations of RSA Conference. “We are proud of our attendees, exhibitors, and speakers that made this goal a reality over the past week. We thank everyone involved for bringing their passion and commitment to improving cybersecurity, and our world, to RSA Conference year after year.”
RSA Conference 2019 highlights include:
- An expanded keynote program with 31 keynote presentations on two stages. West Stage keynotes featured sponsor keynotes, panels and esteemed guest speakers, and South Stage keynotes utilized the newly opened Moscone Center South to bring highly coveted sessions from industry experts to a broader audience.
- 740 speakers across 621 sessions and more than 700 companies on the expo floors.
- Key session and seminar presentations included:
- Building Security In—DevSecOps; Noopur Davis , SVP, Chief Product and Information Security Officer, Comcast
- Building Identity for an Open Perimeter; Tejas Dharamshi , Senior Security Software Engineer, Netflix, Inc.
- Cybersecurity Tips, Tools and Techniques for Your Professional Toolbag; Ronald Woerner, IT Risk and Compliance Consultant, DirectDefense
- How to Eliminate a Major Vulnerability in the Cybersecurity Workforce; Laura Bate, Policy Analyst, New America; Danielle Santos, Program Manager, NIST
- The Fine Art of Creating a Transformational Cybersecurity Strategy; Jinan Budge, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research; Andrew Rose, Chief Security Officer, Vocalink, a Mastercard Company
- Threat Hunting Using 16th-Century Math and Sesame Street; Vernon Habersetzer, Sr., Enterprise Technical Expert, Walmart
- Axonius was named “RSA Conference 2019’s Most Innovative Startup” by the Innovation Sandbox’s judges’ panel comprised of technology, venture and security industry thought leaders.
- The Award for Excellence in the field of Mathematics was given to Tal Rabin, manager of cryptographic research, Thomas J. Watson Research Center.
- RSA Conference ensured there was something for everyone in cybersecurity with new programming and sessions including:
- The return of RSAC onDemand, allowing anytime, anywhere access to top content from Conference so registrants can view sessions they may have missed or watch something again.
- Over 100 CISOs participated in the first-ever CISO Boot Camp, a one-and-a-half day program designed to spark open and relevant conversations between top security leaders.
- RSAC College Day was extended to two full days, enabling college students and recent grads to explore career options and network with leading companies looking for talent.
- Bridging the Gap: Cybersecurity + Public Interest Tech seminar, hosted by Bruce Schneier, Fellow and Lecturer, Harvard Kennedy School.
- First-Timer programs, including an orientation, networking reception and exclusive meet-ups to help new attendees with Full Conference passes feel at home.
- Programs focused on addressing the talent shortage in the cybersecurity industry and increasing diversity and inclusion at Conference, including:
- Solving Our Cybersecurity Talent Shortage seminar, developed with W Risk.
- She Speaks Security: Gaining Confidence Speaking and Submitting to Speak.
- Intro to Capture the Flag session where attendees gained real-life hacking experience.
- Women’s Leadership Celebration Reception,whichcelebrated the contributions and rich history of women in science and technology.
- RSA Conference Scholarships provided eight Full Conference passes to each of our five partner organizations to be awarded to its members.
- Affinity Group Meetups including a mixer with Queercon, a Women in Security and Tech (WIST) meetup and a meet & greet with the Executive Women’s Forum (EWF).
- CyBEER Ops Networking Reception & International Meet-Up.
Conference 2019 Asia Pacific & Japan takes place July 16-18, 2019 in Singapore; RSA Conference 2020 will take place February 24-28, 2020 in San Francisco.
RSAC EXHIBITOR AND PARTNER QUOTES:
“This year’s RSA Conference proved once again to be fantastic event for CrowdStrike. Our booth has been filled each day and we have forged lasting connections with our customers, partners and prospects. We were thrilled to have also taken part in the newly expanded Keynote program on the South Stage. As one of the premier annual cybersecurity events, RSAC enables the security community to come together and present the latest approaches, technologies, and strategies that drive progress in the industry. We are already excited for next year’s conference!”
- Johanna Flower, Chief Marketing Officer, CrowdStrike
“The RSA Conference provides a great forum for the cybersecurity industry to discuss tough questions. One such question confronting this year’s RSAC audience is whether we’re looking at AI objectively and honestly. As with other technologies, we must recognize AI’s limitations as well as its potential, and also fully understand how its capabilities are very likely already being used against us by our adversaries. The RSA Conference gives us an opportunity to challenge each other to be intellectually honest about these questions.”
- Steve Grobman, CTO, McAfee
“At this year’s RSA Conference, attendees were exposed to even more opportunities for awareness and engagement. For the International Association of Privacy Professionals, it was especially great to be part of so many conversations around information privacy and our responsibility to protect and create trust in the digital economy. Roles of security and privacy professionals have never been more intertwined, especially in 2019 as we face the CCPA, proposed state privacy bills, a number of federal bills in incubation, GDPR fines and more - all creating an increased need for education about privacy and risk for organizations. Events like RSAC provide us with the opportunity to educate the industry and foster debate on complex, ethical and competitive imperatives associated with the tough job of privacy.”
- J. Trevor Hughes, President & CEO, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- Join and follow the conversation with hashtag #RSAC
- Blog − http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/2901675
- LinkedIn Networking Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference is the premier series of global events and onDemand programs where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, the Asia-Pacific region or online, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It’s about bringing all people in the cybersecurity industry together and empowering the collective “we” of the cybersecurity industry to stand against cyberthreats around the world. RSA Conference is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
# # #
RSA Conference logo, RSA, Dell, EMC, Dell EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information: