Cheers to RSAC day one! We are well underway with thousands of people convening at the Moscone Center for a total cybersecurity immersion. Some of the most brilliant people in the industry took the RSAC stage today during our annual Monday Seminars, we crowned the RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest winner, and we gathered for food, drinks, and networking during the Welcome Reception.
It’s impossible to be in more than one place at once, so let’s take a look at what you might have missed, and what you can look forward to tomorrow.
Announcing This Year’s RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest Winner
A huge congratulations goes out to SECURITI.ai, which was named RSAC “Most Innovative Startup 2020” this afternoon. SECURITI.ai team made their case during a three-minute presentation to a panel of esteemed judges from the across the industry.
All 10 finalists should be proud of their efforts, and they are certainly in good company. Since the start of the contest fifteen years ago, the top 10 finalists have collectively seen 56 acquisitions and received $6.2 billion in financing.
Highlights from the Monday Seminars
- Women from around the world participated in table talks and exercises designed to amplify their inner voices. During She Speaks Security: Amp Up Your Impact, attendees were empowered by sharing personal stories of challenges and successes, tips, and techniques to be heard, and how to have critical conversations with confidence.
- During Personal Professional Development for All Career Stages, attendees focused on their professional journeys. Topics focused on effective communication skills and work relationships, and making the leap into the leadership office, leaving attendees with tangible recommendations to chart a personal path for success.
What’s Happening on Tuesday?
Tuesday is the first day of our keynote presentations. A reminder that open captioning will be available for all keynotes viewed in-person at the West and South stages. Closed captioning will be available for all live-streamed keynotes as well as recorded keynotes that will be posted online shortly after Conference.
A few keynotes you won’t want to miss:
- Reality Check: The Story of Cybersecurity – 8:10am – 8:30am in Moscone West. Presented by Rohit Ghai, President of RSA, this keynote will focus on the human element of cybersecurity.
- Time to Tell – 8:35am – 8:55am in Moscone West. Steve Grobman, CTO for McAfee, will make the case that our current cyber-defenses share far too many traits with legacy immunology practices.
- The Cryptographers’ Panel – 9:15am – 10:05am in Moscone West. Each year, the founders and leaders of the cryptography field take the RSA Conference keynote stage to debate and discuss the most pressing issues facing the cybersecurity industry and our increasingly digital society. Top of mind in 2020 is election security, individual privacy and the security of digital systems in the future.
On Tuesday evening, make sure to swing by CyBEER Ops, which will open the RSAC Sandbox and RSAC Early Stage Expo from 4pm – 6pm. Check out 51 up and coming startups and participate in hands-on interactive experiences while enjoying local California craft beers and non-alcoholic drinks.
All RSA Conference attendees are also invited to the Women’s Networking Reception from 5pm – 7pm on the Yerba Buena Level of the Marriott Marquis. Join in the celebration of the continued development of women in cybersecurity. After, there is a special screening of “Maiden” featuring RSAC keynote speaker, Tracy Edwards.
A reminder that the Expo is open tomorrow 10am – 6pm. We hope that everyone is enjoying RSAC so far – our week is only just beginning!