- Mar 04, 2019
SAN FRANCISCO – March 4, 2019 – RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, kicks off its annual event today in San Francisco. Taking place Monday, March 4 – Friday, March 8 at the Moscone Center, RSA Conference 2019 brings together top cybersecurity professionals and business leaders to discuss emerging cybersecurity trends, and formulate the best strategies for tackling current and future threats.
New this year, RSA Conference will have two keynote stages: West Stage keynotes will continue to feature sponsor keynotes, panels and esteemed guest speakers focusing on high-level, inspirational presentations in a shorter format, and South Stage keynotes will feature more in-depth keynotes from industry experts in a longer format. The expansion comes as a result of attendee requests to bring more highly coveted keynote-level content to a broader attendee base, and was made possible with the completion of the Moscone Center construction and the newly opened Moscone South.
This year’s Conference kicks off with a notable lineup of keynote speakers on Tuesday, March 5:
- Liz Centoni, Senior Vice President and General Manager IoT and Matt Watchinski, Vice President, Global Threat Intelligence Group, Talos, Cisco
- The Cryptographers’ Panel: Whitfield Diffie, Cryptographer and Security Expert, Cryptomathic; Shafi Goldwasser, Director, Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing; Paul Kocher, Independent; Tal Rabin, Distinguished Researcher and the Manager of the Cryptographic Research Group, IBM; Ronald Rivest, Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; and Zulfikar Ramzan, Ph.D, Chief Technology Officer, RSA (Moderator)
- Dr. Celeste Fralick, Chief Data Scientist and Steve Grobman, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, McAfee, LLC
- Rohit Ghai, President, RSA and Niloofar Razi Howe, Cybersecurity Strategist and Entrepreneur
- Emily Heath, Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, United Airlines
- Susan Hennessey, Senior Fellow, Governance Studies, The Brookings Institution, Executive Editor, Lawfare and Christopher A. Wray, Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Paula Januszkiewicz, Chief Executive Officer, CQURE
- Dave Shackleford, Senior Instructor, SANS Institute
- Ira Winkler, President, Secure Mentem
“Every year for the last 28 years, we’ve looked forward to gathering tens of thousands of the industry’s top security professionals at RSA Conference to network, learn, and share.” said Linda Gray Martin, Director and Chief of Operations of RSA Conference. “Community is a key component to the success of our industry and we strive to deliver that through RSA Conference. This year, I’m particularly excited for our new and expanded programs which we hope will keep moving the industry forward for the better.”
In addition to a lineup of prominent keynote speakers, RSA Conference will feature 700 exhibitors from across the industry. Some other highlights at RSA Conference 2019 include:
- CISO Boot Camp – New this year, RSAC developed CISO Boot Camp to spark open and relevant conversations between top security leaders. This one-and-a-half-day program offers a select 100 CISOs a unique RSAC experience and will take place on Tuesday, March 5, and Wednesday, March 6.
- Extended RSAC College Day - The annual RSA Conference College Day has been extended to two days: Thursday, March 7 and Friday, March 8. RSAC College Day is still free for current college students and 2018 graduates, and provides Full Conference access to more than 150 sessions and keynotes.
- First-Timer Programs – RSAC has created several programs for First-Timers with Full Conference Passes to help make Conference easier to navigate. With events scattered throughout the week, First-Timers can take advantage of an orientation and networking reception, and exclusive meet-ups to help everything go smoothly.
- Intro to Capture the Flag - RSAC, Women’s Society in Cyberjutsu (WSC), and SANS invites women of all experience levels to our first-ever Intro to Capture the Flag (CTF) on Thursday, March 7. The event will be geared towards beginners, but attendees experienced with CTF are welcome to come help others. Gain real-life hacking experience while working collaboratively with SANS instructors.
- Innovation Sandbox – Today, the popular Innovation Sandbox program culminates with one finalist recognized as “RSA Conference 2019’s Most Innovative Startup.”
- RSAC Launch Pad – New this year, RSAC Launch Pad will give three chosen security innovators the coveted opportunity to pitch their company to three high-profile venture capitalists in a Shark Tank®-style format on Tuesday, March 5. If the prominent venture capitalists believe in the 10-minute pitch, participants could go home with real funding and support to expedite their company’s growth.
- Monday Seminars – Don’t miss the numerous seminars available today, on a range of topics including the California Consumer Privacy Act 2018, human behavior, emerging threats, and entrepreneurship, among others.
- Public Interest Technology – Cybersecurity expert Bruce Schneier and the Ford Foundation will host the inaugural full-day Public Interest Technologist Track, Bridging the Gap: Cybersecurity + Public Interest Tech, on Thursday, March 7. The event consists of six sessions highlighting public interest technologist inside governments, as part of civil society, at universities, and in corporate environments.
- RSAC onDemand – Returning this year, RSAC onDemand is a way to experience the best of RSA Conference – from work or home. Featuring some of the Conference’s most anticipated moments, RSAC onDemand puts critical and relevant industry information online and available at any time.
- She Speaks Security: Gaining Confidence Speaking and Submitting to Speak – A robust half-day forum, developed with Women’s Society of Cyberjutsu (WSC), Executive Women’s Forum on Information Security, Risk Management & Privacy (EWF), The Diana Initiative (TDI), Women in Security and Privacy (WISP) and Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys), will offer a mentor-focused opportunity to inspire, prepare and equip women for submitting and presenting to large groups.
- Solving Our Cybersecurity Talent Shortage Seminar – RSAC and W Risk will today host a conversation with industry leaders and talent experts to provide practical steps we can take to reverse the trending talent shortage in our industry and highlight business success realized with the new approach to building security teams.
- RSAC Early Stage Expo – Located at the Marriot Marquis, ESE is an innovation space dedicated to promoting up-and-comers in the industry. This year, over 54 startups will have the opportunity to tell their stories and showcase their products to over 40,000 of cybersecurity’s most influential decision makers and investors.
- Peer2Peer Sessions – These highly interactive gatherings are an opportunity for attendees who share a common interest to explore various security issues and topics. Sessions are facilitated by an experienced practitioner.
- The Sandbox – RSA Conference’s “sandboxes” are full of hands-on interactive experiences to test out infosec skills. Demonstrations and discussion will center around how pervasive computing and connectedness will inevitably lead to a broader threat landscape in healthcare and business. Other topics include: threats to smart cities, electric grids and industrial processing plants, in addition to, wireless hacking and vulnerabilities in radio frequency device. CyBEER Ops Networking Reception and International Meet-Up will also be held in The Sandbox.
- Closing Entertainment by Tina Fey – Writer, Actress and Producer will bring her humor and intellect to the RSA Conference stage, interviewed by Dr. Hugh Thompson, RSA Conference Program Chair.
RSA Conference would like to extend its thanks to its 2019 sponsors: Cisco, McAfee, RSA, FireEye, ForcePoint, IBM, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, Palo Alto Networks, Symantec, Trend Micro, VMWare, Akamai, AT&T Business, Carbon Black, Check Point, Cylance, Eset, Fortinet, TeleTrust Security, Intel, Ixia, Splunk, Tenable, Tripwire, Veracode, and Webroot.
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
Join and follow the conversation with hashtag #RSAC
- Blog − http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/rsa-conference/
- LinkedIn Networking Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference is the premier series of global events and onDemand programs where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, the Asia-Pacific region or online, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It’s about bringing all people in the cybersecurity industry together and empowering the collective “we” of the cybersecurity industry to stand against cyberthreats around the world. RSA Conference is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
RSA Conference logo, RSA, Dell, EMC, Dell EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information: