And we’re off! Day One at RSAC 2022 is in the books and we are so happy to see you back in San Francisco!
Some of the most brilliant people in the industry have already taken the RSAC stage during today’s opening keynotes, track sessions, and seminars. Since it is impossible to be in more than one place at once, here’s a quick review of what you might have missed, and what you can look forward to tomorrow:
Announcing This Year’s RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest Winner
Congratulations to Talon Cyber Security, which was named RSAC’s “Most Innovative Startup 2022” at this afternoon’s annual contest. After making their case to our esteemed judges, Talon Cyber Security took the crown for modernizing security and improving user experience for hybrid work by delivering the first secure enterprise browser, empowering organizations to simplify their security programs.
All 10 finalists should be proud of their efforts, and they are certainly in good company. Since the start of the contest seventeen years ago, the top 10 finalists have collectively celebrated over 73 acquisitions and raised over $11.46 billion in investments. Two previous finalists have also completed IPOs in the last two years: SentinelOne (2015) and SumoLogic (2012).
Highlights from the Monday keynotes:
- We work in an industry with emerging technologies, expanding connections, hidden vulnerabilities: but one thing we all understand is that the only constant is change. To kick off Conference with a discussion on ‘The Only Constant’, Rohit Ghai, the CEO of RSA took the West Keynote stage to explore how our sector has evolved, examine our missteps, help predict where we’re headed, and guide attendees on planning for our next transformation.
- After Rohit, we were enlightened by a positive discussion on 'What Do We Owe One Another in the Cybersecurity Ecosystem?’ led by Jeetu Patel and Shailaja Shankar from Cisco, where they brought to light how our industry has never been more connected than we are right now and even then, we should be asking “how else do we help?”
- We next heard from Dr. Amelia Estwick and Tom Gillis from VMware for insights on ‘The Next Disruption: Security Beyond the Perimeter and Endpoint’ including tips for thinking laterally to clouds, containers, APIs, and everything in between.
- Similarly on the collaboration front, Michèle Flournoy of WestExec Advisors and Avril Haines of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence highlighted the need to ‘Rethink the Cybersecurity Challenge from an IC perspective’ in terms of how we collaborate and design networks, and the cybersecurity protects those networks.
- For over a decade, the Cloud Security Alliance Summit has been a Monday fixture at RSA Conference, featuring prominent industry insiders who take the seminar stage to highlight the important trends in cloud and cybersecurity in the CxO Trust Summit. The summit this year explored the biggest challenges for the C-Suite in today’s cloud computing environment, how CSA’s CxO initiative can help mitigate risk, and provided tips on engaging with high-ranking officers of a company.
What’s Happening on Tuesday?
Tuesday is the first full day of our keynote presentations. A reminder that all West Stage Keynotes are being livestreamed on the website. All sessions will also be available on demand 24 hours after the session and can be viewed on each of the session details pages.
A few keynotes and networking opportunities you won’t want to miss:
- In a gathering of the big tech giants at the pinnacle of the privacy field, Chief Privacy Officers from Google, Apple, and LinkedIn join Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Leader Dominique Shelton Leipzig for a discussion on ‘Privacy 2022: Perspectives from the Top’ — 8:30 - 9:20 AM @Moscone South Esplanade
- RSA Conference will announce the recipients for the 2022 Award for Excellence in the Field of Mathematics — 11:30 AM @ Moscone West Street Level
- Each year the founders and leaders of cryptography take to the RSA Conference keynote stage to debate and discuss the most pressing issues facing the cybersecurity industry and our increasingly digital society. This year, the stakes are higher, and cryptographers will discuss what's top of mind for 2022 in The Cryptographers’ Panel — 11:35 AM - 12:15 PM @ Moscone West Street Level
- Listen in on this panel on ‘Cybersecurity as a National Security Imperative’ where federal and private sector leaders will discuss how the community can capitalize on the momentum of the moment to stop responding — and start preventing—incidents before they occur — 1:15 - 2:05 PM @ Moscone South Esplanade
- Networking wise, tomorrow RSAC Sandbox and RSAC Early Stage Expo will be hosting the CyBEER Ops networking event where you can taste craft brews, and enjoy non-alcoholic beverages and tasty bites while exploring 35 startups from 4:45 - 6:00 PM @ Moscone South Level 2
- In tandem with CyBEER Ops, RSAC is hosting the Women’s Networking Reception to celebrate the contributions and rich history of women in science and technology from 4:45-6:00 PM @ Moscone South Room 307
A reminder that the Expo is open tomorrow 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM. We hope that everyone is enjoying RSAC so far – our week is only just beginning!