Choose from Facilitated P2P Sessions or Create One of Your Own!
Facilitated P2P Sessions
Have a security issue you would like to discuss with your peers? Want to share your experiences with a new technology? Care to explore best practices with colleagues? Then attend a P2P session!
Browse the session catalog for all planned P2P sessions.
Peer2Peer sessions are limited to 25 people who share a common interest and want to discuss or learn more about a particular security issue. The sessions are interactive and moderated by someone who knows the subject at hand and also can keep the conversation flowing. No PowerPoint allowed!
Admission is first-come, first-serve so make sure you get there early.
P2P Sessions “On-Demand” – Wednesday and Thursday!
Delegates also have the opportunity to facilitate their own session or workshop on a topic they're passionate about! This is a great opportunity for peers to share their experience or brainstorm about a critical issue in an informal, interactive setting. It also offers all delegates the ability to learn what's on the minds of the security community, up to the minute! And just like Facilitated P2P sessions, the room is limited to 25 people and PowerPoint is not allowed!
How to participate
You can facilitate a session, or help with one (e.g. by taking notes, by asking questions, by contributing to the conversation). You can also try to help organize a session with someone else (e.g. on a topic you would like to learn more about). If you have questions of a Conference speaker or panelist – invite them to come to a P2P session to answer questions.
Or…you can continue a discussion started in another P2P session with your fellow delegates. Find an open slot after your P2P session and let the ideas continue to flow!
What to Expect
- Be ready to participate - come with an idea for a session you can facilitate. You don't have to be an expert at your topic; as long as it's not too specific, there'll probably be someone else present who can help you out. You can also contribute to the conversation during a session. This is a great way to participate, since it spreads knowledge from everyone, instead of just the facilitator.
- Reserve a slot on the P2P Agenda Board located in Moscone South, East Mezzanine. Please show up each morning starting Tuesday, February 15) and put your session on the grid for any day of the week.
- We will provide you with the room and flip chart – just like each P2P session.
At the event
- Find the P2P session area in Moscone South, East Mezzanine.
- Check out the grid for the planned session topics and times.
- Suggest your own topic/session.
- Participate in the conversation.
- Mingle with fellow delegates.
Make the most of your time at RSA Conference and be sure to engage and participate with your peers!