Wednesday, February 26, 2020 from 4:15 – 5:00 PM
Behind every great cybersecurity company is a stroke of genius that started it all. It can happen anywhere. The kitchen. The car. But when it comes to getting those ideas off the ground, there’s no better place than RSAC Launch Pad.
RSAC Launch Pad is designed to give early stage startups a platform to share their brilliant industry solutions. Three finalists will compete in a Shark Tank®-style format to try to convince cybersecurity venture capitalists, Niloofar Howe, Enrique Salem, and Theresia Gouw that their product has strong potential for success. All participants can expect to walk away with insights and tips into what could take their pitch and company to the next level.
First stop Launch Pad. Next stop by Innovation Sandbox. And then, well, the sky’s the limit.
Online submissions are open and the submission deadline has been extended to December 13, 2019.
- Company has been incorporated for two years or less.
- Company is privately held* with no revenue.
- Company has no more than a first round of funding.
- Product has the potential to make a significant impact on the cybersecurity space.
- Product is not available for commercial sale to the public on or before RSA Conference 2020 (February 24 - 28, 2020), but is expected to be launched by summer 2020.
- Review Terms & Conditions.
- Complete the online submission form (any question left blank will lead to automatic disqualification).
- Submit a pitch deck.
- If selected for the second round, be available for a video pitch and Q&A session with participating venture capitalists in January/February 2020.
- What is the problem you are trying to solve? And for whom?
- Originality and soundness of idea or product to solve problem.
- How much impact/reach will the product have?
Presentation Requirements (Finalists Only)**
If selected, each participant must:
- Be available onsite at RSA Conference in San Francisco on February 26, 2020.
- Present a prepared and practiced 5-minute live pitch on stage by your most senior-level executive to top venture capitalists. Following the pitch, venture capitalists will ask the presenter questions.
- Execute and return participation agreement to RSAC by January 24, 2020.
- Be open to signing a convertible bond agreement with one or more of the venture capitalists.
* Privately held" means the shares of the company are controlled by a small number of shareholders and are not publicly traded. Company must not be an affiliate of an entity whose shares are publicly traded. "Affiliate" shall mean a legal entity that is controlled by, controls, or is under common control with the company. "Control" means more than 20% of the voting power or ownership interests.
** Further presentation requirements will be communicated to participants along with their status notification late January 2020.
Watch the RSA Conference USA 2019 Launch Pad Pitches