RSA Conference 2023 Innovation Sandbox and Launch Pad Contest - Submission Terms and ConditionsNO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST THE ENTRANT (“PARTICIPANT”) AGREES TO COMPLY WITH ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS”) BELOW. IF PARTICIPANT DOES NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS PARTICIPANT SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE OR SUBMIT AN ENTRY. IF SELECTED AS A FINALIST, ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY.
1. Excluded Individuals. Employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, agents, or other representatives of RSA Conference LLC ("RSAC"), and of each of its respective subsidiaries and affiliates and any contest-related suppliers (all of the foregoing entities referred to collectively as the "Contest Entities"), and any members of each such persons immediate family (spouses, parents, siblings, children and their spouses and in-laws) and persons living in the same household of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. Determination of whether a Participant is eligible shall be made in the sole discretion of RSAC whose decision shall be final and binding.
2. Void in Excluded Territory. THIS CONTEST IS VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND OTHER USA TERRITORIES (OTHER THAN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA), CUBA, SYRIA, IRAN, SUDAN, NORTH KOREA, AND IN ALL JURISDICTIONS WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO JURISDICTIONS WITH LAWS THAT WOULD REQUIRE REGISTRATION AND/OR TRUST ACCOUNT OR POSTING OF A BOND, OR ANY OTHER REQUIREMENTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN SATISFIED), OR RESTRICTED OR TAXED BY LAW, AND VOID WHERE RESTRICTED BY INTERNAL BUSINESS OR COMPANY POLICY (COLLECTIVELY, "”EXCLUDED TERRITORY”). All persons in an Excluded Territory are prohibited from entering or winning.
3. No Government Official or Restricted Party. Participant and their companies, if applicable, may not be a Restricted Party, meaning any person or entity that is: (a) an official or employee of any governmental entity as defined under any relevant anti-bribery, ethics, or anticorruption statute, law, regulation, or convention; and, (b) on the U.S Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List, Entity List, or Unverified List; U.S Department of the Treasury list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons; or U.S Department of State List of Debarred Parties.
4. Terms of Submission. By submitting an entry, each Participant warrants and represents that the submission complies with these Terms and the information in the submission materials is true and correct in all material respects. Failure to comply with each of the above requirements will disqualify Participant. Submission materials are the property of RSAC. At RSAC's sole discretion, RSAC may return the submission materials. Once submitted, no further files, programs, or changes to the submission materials are permitted. By entering, Participant agrees to these Terms and the decisions of RSAC and the judges, which shall be final and binding in all aspects. RSAC has the right to disqualify any submission and/or Participant that it determines in its sole discretion does not comply with these Terms, or who it believes has acted in an improper manner. Entry into the contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, or sweepstakes during RSA Conference 2023 or at any other time. RSAC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, terminate, or suspend the contest. Participant agrees that RSAC shall have the right and license to use, review, assess, evaluate, or otherwise consider all submission materials in connection with the contest and that RSAC may use the submission materials in connection with marketing or promotion of the contest in all media now known or later developed.
5. Reservation of Rights. Participant shall have no rights or licenses hereunder, express or implied, with respect to any intellectual property, software, hardware, or information of RSAC or any of its affiliates. All rights and licenses, title and interests not expressly granted in these Terms are expressly reserved by RSAC and its affiliates.
6. Release. Each Participant represents and warrants that: (a) all rights to the submission materials belong to such Participant, the submission is original and the submission does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (b) Participant has the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the submission, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, and (c) each Participant hereby holds RSAC and the Contest Entities harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the submission materials, and waives any right to inspect or approve uses of the submission or to be compensated for any such uses as is consistent with applicable law.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, RELATED FINANCIAL ENTITIES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY ”RELEASED PARTIES”), WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANT FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR, (A) ANY BODILY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM SUBMISSION CREATION, THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, IF APPLICABLE, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RELATED ACTIVITIES, OR (B) ANY CLAIMS INCLUDING, BY WAY OF EXAMPLE, CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, COMMERCIAL APPROPRIATION OF NAME AND LIKENESS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, AND THE COLLECTION, USE, AND/OR SHARING OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF THE PARTICIPANT (UNLESS DONE IN VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE LAWS), OR FOR ANY PRINTING, PRODUCTION. TYPOGRAPHICAL, HUMAN, OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PRINTING, OFFERING OR ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANY WINNER. Participant hereby represents and warrants that they have read these Terms and are fully familiar with its contents. Participant agrees to indemnify Released Parties for any claims, actions, related damages, costs (including attorney’s fees and court costs), charges, and judgments against Released Entities associated with rights and licenses granted RSAC and its affiliates or breach by Participant of any such rights and licenses.
10. Severability; Headings; Waiver. If any one or more provisions of these Terms are held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect the validity, effect, or enforcement of any other provision or provisions of these Terms. Headings and captions are used in these Terms solely for convenience of reference and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Terms or any provision hereof. Failure of RSAC to enforce any term shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Participant agrees to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Terms.
11. Recourse and Remedies. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Terms, Participant rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of RSAC or its affiliates in connection with the contest, shall be governed exclusively by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York, USA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York. Participant agrees that EXCEPT FOR ANY INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS STATED HEREIN, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $500 INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN AFOREMENTIONED OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING MAY NOT APPLY TO THE PARTICIPANT.