Does your security startup have what it takes? RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox Contest 2016 is now calling for submissions.
With Media Partner TechCrunch, Conference Event to Highlight Emerging Companies in the Information Security Industry and Their Technologies
BEDFORD, MA – December 7, 2015 – RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, announced today its annual Innovation Sandbox Contest is now accepting submissions to name the “RSAC Most Innovative Startup 2016.” Past winnersinclude successful companies such as Sourcefire, Imperva and most recently Waratek.
This year, RSA Conference will be working with leading technology news outlet, TechCrunch, in its effort to push the information security industry forward by shining a light on groundbreaking security companies. Participants will pitch their security solutions in front of a live audience that has in the past included venture capital professionals, industry experts, senior level business practitioners and thought leaders. Five industry veterans will judge the competition and select a winner. In addition to the event, Innovation Sandbox Contest will feature a session on what it takes to build a company from the ground up hosted by venture capitalist and previous CEO of Symantec, Enrique Salem, as well as a keynote by best-selling author and consultant to the Pentagon, intelligence community and Hollywood, Peter W. Singer, on the emerging forces that will shape the future world of technology and security.
"We keep a close eye on the startup scene and we’ve been impressed with the caliber and success of companies selected by RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox Contest over the years,” said Alexandra Ames, Senior Marketing Manager, TechCrunch. “It’s a logical fit for us to support the event, as our mission is to highlight emerging technologies and celebrate startups in every industry. The growth expectations in the information security industry make it compelling to watch and certainly makes us look forward to the types of solutions that come out of this year’s show.”
The event will kick off on February 29, 2016 at 1 p.m. PST. Companies are invited to submit an entry online no later than 8 p.m. PST on Wednesday, January 6, 2016. Terms and conditions for the RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox Contest can be found here.
A summary of the criteria to compete in the event include:
- The product has been in the market for less than one year (launched after January 2015).
- The product has the potential to make a significant impact on information security (as determined by the plan of judges).
- The product can be demonstrated live and on-site during RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest.
- The company is privately held, with less than $5M in revenue in 2015.
- The company has a management team that has proven successful in the delivery of products to market.
After the submission period ends on Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 8 p.m. PST:
- Entries will be reviewed and ranked by a panel of judges that will include venture capital professionals, CISOs and other industry experts in early January 2016.
- The top 10 ranked companies will be notified in mid-January 2016 and invited to demo their products and present their business plan to the judging panel and attendees on Monday, February 29, 2016 at the RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest.
- The top 10 finalists will also be recognized on the RSA Conference website with company and product profiles, and will be promoted in other RSA Conference public relations efforts.
More information regarding RSA Conference 2016, taking place at the Moscone Center in San Francisco from February 29 – March 4, can be found at: www.rsaconference.com.
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference is the premiere series of global events where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, or the Asia-Pacific region, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
RSA and the RSA Conference logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.