RSA Conference 2015 Opens Today In San Francisco
RSA CONFERENCE 2015 OPENS TODAY IN SAN FRANCISCO
World’s Largest Information Security Event Frames Industry Discussion For 2015
SAN FRANCISCO – April 20, 2015 – RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, kicked off its annual show today at San Francisco’s Moscone Center to an expected record breaking attendance. Taking place April 20 to April 24, RSA Conference 2015 brings together the top information security professionals and business leaders to discuss emerging cybersecurity trends and formulate best strategies for tackling current and future threats.
This year’s Conference includes a notable lineup of featured speakers from the industry, including:
- Scott Charney, Corporate Vice President, Trustworthy Computing, Microsoft Corporation
- Amit Chatterjee, Executive Vice President, Enterprise Solutions and Technology Group, CA Technologies
- Art Gilliland, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Enterprise Security Products, HP
- Chris Hoff, Vice President & Chief Technical Officer Security, Juniper Networks
- The Cryptographers panel, featuring Whitfield Diffie, Cryptographer & Security Expert, Cryptomathic; Ed Giorgio, CEO, Ponte Technologies; Ronald Rivest, Vannevar Bush Professor, MIT; Adi Shamir, Professor, Computer Science Department, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel; and moderated by Paul Kocher, President and Chief Scientist, Cryptography Research, Inc.
- Amit Mital, Executive Vice President, Emerging Endpoints and Chief Technology Officer, Symantec
- Martin Roesch, Vice President and Chief Architect, Cisco Security Business Group
- Amit Yoran, President, RSA
- Christopher Young, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Intel Security Group
This year’s Conference will also feature special guest keynotes from:
- Alec Baldwin, Award Winning Actor
- Zak Ebrahain, Author, The Terrorist's Son: A Story of Choice, Nonviolence advocate and lecturer
- Doris Kearns Goodwin, World-renowned Presidential Historian and Pulitzer Prize-winning Author
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist, Center for Digital Business, MIT Sloan School of Management and Fellow, Harvard Law School, Berkman Center for Internet and Society
- Diana Nyad, World Record Holder and Legendary Swimmer
- Herbert “Hugh” Thompson, Ph.D, Program Committee Chair, RSA Conference
“This year, the spotlight has been on cybersecurity more than ever. From massive breaches to the announcement of President Obama’s new cybersecurity initiatives, the information security industry certainly has a lot to talk about,” said Linda Gray, General Manager of RSA Conference. “Over the course of the Conference, we’ll be challenging the status quo of thoughts and procedures, and we will come up with new ways to secure our digital future.”
Some of the highlights at RSA Conference 2015 include:
- Innovation Sandbox – Kicking off on Monday, April 20, the popular Innovation Sandbox program will culminate with one finalist being named “RSA Conference 2015’s Most Innovative Company.” The 2015 event marks 10 years since the event launched at RSA Conference 2005 as Innovation Station!
- Sandbox – After our Innovation Sandbox Contest wraps up, the competition area will transform into an area filled with opportunities for experiential learning and networking. Attendees will improve their network security skills by joining the hands-on SANS NetWars or can get a caffeine fix at the Cybrew Coffee Bar. Regardless of when attendees swing by The Sandbox, there will be abundant opportunities to discover new solutions and share individual perspectives with colleagues.
- Into the Woods: Protecting Our Youth from the Wolves of Cyberspace – Today's headlines are crowded with stories of kids who fall victim to cybercrimes, including online bullying and predatory behavior. We can't supervise every dark corner of the Internet, so what is the answer? Stricter laws? Aggressive pursuit of offenders? Education of our kids? This keynote panel will discuss challenges and offer solutions designed to ensure the safety of our children.
- Exclusive Sessions on Industry Hot Topics – Throughout the week, RSA Conference will be hosting a number of sessions covering pressing topics like the Internet of Things, threat intelligence, Application Security & DevOps and much more. Some top-rated sessions for 2015 include:
- License to Kill: Malware Hunting with the Sysinternals Tools
- No More Snake Oil: 6 Reasons Why InfoSec Needs Guarantees
- The Six Most Dangerous New Attack Techniques and What's Coming Next
- Android Security: Data from the Front Lines
- Endpoints in the New Age: Apps, Mobility, and the Internet of Things
- Peer2Peer Sessions – These highly interactive gatherings are an opportunity for attendees who share a common interest to explore various security issues and topics.
- Crowdsourced Sessions – Year after year we receive a flood of high-quality speaker submissions and it’s always a challenge to choose the best ones. For RSA Conference 2015, we shared some of that challenge by opening up the judging to our industry peers who helped us identify unique sessions that will get the audience talking and keep everyone engaged.
- Learning Labs – Learning Labs offer in-depth learning and high interactivity before, during and after Conference. The two-hour Labs target senior security information practitioners (10+ years).
- RSAC Cyber Safety Village/Tech Museum of Innovation– In partnership with San Jose’s Tech Museum of Innovation, RSA Conference 2015 will transform Moscone West (level 2) into the Cyber Safety Village, where Conference attendees will get a sneak preview of The Tech’s upcoming new exhibit—Cyber Detectives.
- RSAC TV – RSAC TV is our very own onsite recording studio! RSAC TV programming will feature the best of RSA Conference content distilled into concise and engaging presentations. Speaker interviews and RSAC Studio sessions will be recorded throughout the week. Attendees can even join the live studio audience to hear from some of the best minds in information security.
RSA Conference would like to extend its thanks to 2015 sponsors: Juniper Networks, Microsoft, RSA, Cisco, FireEye, Akamai, Ixia, Splunk, HP, Intel Security, Qualys, Symantec, HOB, Sophos, TeleTrusT, Trend Micro, Websense, AhnLab, Barracuda, Blue Coat, CA Technologies, Entrust, HID, Narus, Palo Alto Networks, SafeNet, Secunia, Tripwire, Trustwave, Venafi, Veracode, Verizon, Aligiance, Attachmate, BeyondTrust, Checkmarx, Citrix, Covisint, Entersekt, Identity Finder, Intel, Jiransoft, Lancope, Lieberman Software, LynuxWorks, NagraID Security, Proofpoint, Quintessence Labs, Sourcefire, SSH Communications Security, SynerComm, Sypris, Tenable Network Security, NICOM Engineering, Unisys, and Vormetric.
A complete RSA Conference 2015 agenda can be found at: http://www.rsaconference.com/events/us15/agenda
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- Blog − http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/2901675
- LinkedIn Networking Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/102053116262408140181/posts
- Join and follow the conversation: #RSAC
About RSA Conference
RSA® Conference is the premier series of global events where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, or the Asia-Pacific region, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
# # #
EMC2, EMC, RSA and their respective logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
This release contains “forward-looking statements” as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.’s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in the filings of EMC Corporation, the parent company of RSA, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC and RSA disclaim any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.