Call For Entries: RSA Conference 2015 Innovation Sandbox Contest
CALL FOR ENTRIES: RSA CONFERENCE 2015 INNOVATION SANDBOX CONTEST
Annual “Most Innovative Company” Contest Recognizes Innovative Forces Emerging
from the Security Landscape
BEDFORD, MA – January 12, 2015 – RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, announced today its annual Innovation Sandbox Contest is now accepting submissions to name the “Most Innovative Company at RSA Conference 2015.” The 2015 event marks 10 years since the event launched at RSA Conference 2005 as Innovation Station. Past winners include Sourcefire, Imperva, and most recently Red Owl Analytics.
RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox Contest is an engaging program during which up-and-coming startups grab the spotlight and demonstrate groundbreaking security technologies to the broader RSA Conference community. Every year, the event has grown to include more opportunities to network and learn from venture capital professionals, industry experts, senior level business practitioners, and thought leaders. This year will be no exception. The 2015 event will feature live demonstrations from rising stars in information security; sessions on go-to market strategies and tips for securing funding for startups; a CTO panel on what and when to build or buy information security solutions; and, a special guest speaker who will talk about innovation in the industry, as well as opportunities for networking with peers and visionaries.
Free for all attendees and streamed live online, the contest will kick off the conference on April 20, 2015. Those attending in-person and watching online will also be able to cast their vote for who they think should be “Most Innovative Company at RSA Conference 2015.”
Companies are invited to submit an entry online no later than 8 p.m. PST on Friday, February 28, 2015. Visit the RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest website for the latest announcements or to submit an application.
Criteria to compete in the contest include:
- The product has been in the market for less than one year (launched after February 2014).
- The product has the potential to make a significant impact on information security.
- The product can be demonstrated live and on-site during RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest.
- The company is privately held, with less than $5M in revenue in 2014.
- The company has a management team that has proven successful in the delivery of products to market.
After the submission period ends on Friday, February 28, 2015 at 8 p.m. PST:
- Entries will be reviewed and ranked by a panel of judges that will include venture capital professionals, CISOs and other industry experts in early March.
- The top 10 ranked companies will be notified in mid-March and invited to demo their products and present their business plan to the judging panel and attendees on Monday, April 20, 2015 at the RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest.
- The top 10 finalists will also be recognized on the RSA Conference website with company and product profiles, and will be promoted in other RSA Conference public relations efforts.
After the winner has been announced, the RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest area will evolve into The Sandbox, an experiential space designed to immerse attendees in multiple dynamic, learning and networking opportunities. Attendees will be able to participate in group challenges, discover creative methodology to solutions for their organization or just take a break between sessions to lounge and share new perspectives with colleagues and peers. Offerings this year will include:
- SANS NetWars: Enhance skills and experience in network security with this hands-on challenge.
- Live Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Display: Interact firsthand with commonly found hardware and software used by most water plants and isolated industrial equipment stations.
- JTAGulator - On-chip Debug (OCD) Demonstration: Check out Joe Grand’s JTAGulator, an open source hardware tool that assists in identifying OCD connections from test points, vias or component pads on a target device.
- Additional Activities: The Sandbox will also feature a CSI Digital Crime Lab, live cyberattack maps, Beer Camp, and the Cybrew Coffee Bar!
More information regarding RSA Conference 2015, taking place at the Moscone Center in San Francisco from April 20-24, can be found at: www.rsaconference.com.
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference is the premiere series of global events where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, or the Asia-Pacific region, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
RSA and the RSA Conference logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.