The Director of Engineering will be responsible for orchestrating, driving and developing next generation products for APCON’s state-of-the-art technologies including; systems architecture, complex hardware and mechanical design, firmware and software development, and user experience strategy implementation. This will involve working closely with project team members to ensure the program plan is successfully executed.
• Responsible for meeting product requirements of next generation and existing product lines by guiding and managing engineering team members to develop a competitive product line in a fast paced high technology environment.
• Uses product requirements to help define system architectures.
• Proactively drives product design including architecture, hardware and mechanical designs, firmware and software development.
• Ensures user experience strategy is delivered.
• Responsible for ensuring product requirements are met by effectively managing schedules and resources.
• Accountable for analyzing resources and determining what is needed so that deadlines can be met.
• Ensures timely, quality product features and releases by creating strategies for deployment and implementing objectives successfully.
• Ensures product release schedules are on-time by actively managing and driving project teams and resources to hit milestones.
• Understands complex product development cycles to ensure actions are proactively managed and issues minimized.
• Proven ability driving complex on-time product development (HW, SW, FW, User Experience, Systems).
• Proven track record driving complex product requirements and engineering project teams.
• Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and simplify strategies into specific actions.
• Knowledge of hardware and software project schedules and management.
• Ability to manage expectations and deal with ambiguity and change.
• Demonstrated ability to present clearly and succinctly to project teams and executives.
• Communicate effectively within project and cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated excellence in leadership and communication.
Education and/or Experience:
• BSCS, BSEE required; Masters preferred.
• 15+ years engineering experience.
• 10+ years engineering management experience.