Personal Adventures’ product creates a virtual reality experience including tactile stimulation. As the battery gets older a software bug lets it overheat during use, possibly causing a fire, providing a session that is hotter than intended. Owners exposed to fire contacted an attorney who has filed a class action to establish a fund to recompense each owner as they come forward.
1: Learn that mistakes happen but if you cannot fix them, expect to be sued.
2: Know that IOT devices must have a way to be securely updated.
3: Understand that consumer devices may be especially problematic to updated.