Wow, what a first day! Moscone Center today welcomed thousands of first-day attendees with its sparkling new arms, as we kicked off RSA Conference 2019 with a completely packed day. From multiple receptions this evening to crowning the RSAC Innovation Sandbox winner to unique sessions on DevSecOps and solving the cybersecurity talent shortage, there was plenty of programming to satiate your appetite.
Let’s take a look at the opening day activities and get a sneak peek into what’s on deck for Tuesday.
Announcing This Year’s RSAC Innovation Sandbox Winner
Big congratulations to Axonius, which was named “RSAC Most Innovative Startup of 2019” at the RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest. Our panel of venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and security company leaders selected Axonius from a group of 10 finalists. The company joins an exclusive and illustrious group of past winners (including Phantom, Invincea, UnifyID) that have collectively seen 12 acquisitions and have received over $2.05 billion in investments. We encourage you to check out our RSAC Innovation Sandbox Leaderboard to see how your favorite past participants have fared in the years since their Conference debut, or track the standing of this year’s picks.
Solving the Talent Shortage
In Moscone South, Karen Worstell (CEO W Risk Group) helped develop an engaging half-day seminar “Solving Our Cybersecurity Talent Shortage.” Topics discussed included culture, equity, and diversity and inclusion, and attendees heard from a wide range of change agents on how they’re driving innovation to attract and retain talent within their respective organizations.
Monday was also DevSecOps Day @RSACand attendees interested in this emerging field were exposed to a number of stories from DevSecOps practitioners on how they moved from legacy developments to integrated systems. The full-day session hosted by DevOps.com featured about a dozen panels and presentations.
CyberSmart Parents Seminar
Comprised of two sessions, one Monday morning and one Monday afternoon, the CyberSmart Parents Education Seminar—Keeping Your Family Safe Online provided attendees with insights and tools to help navigate the digital world. As more children come online, more are exposed to the same threats as the rest of us. This lively session presented research from psychologists and security practitioners to help parents teach their children how to better recognize and resist online challenges.
Tuesday: A Preview Snapshot
- Keynotes: A reminder that this year we have two keynote stages, Moscone West and Moscone South. We encourage you to check out the full schedule, and keep in mind that Conference will also be livestreaming keynotes. Here’s a few you won’t want to miss on Tuesday:
- Rise of the Machines: Staying Ahead of the Next Threat – 8:55-9:15am in Moscone West. This keynote will discuss why and how we can address the new attack surface created by Internet-connected robots.
- The Cryptographers’ Panel – 9:20-10:05am in Moscone West. A perennial favorite, featuring the founders of our field sharing the research and innovation they continue to be engaged in. Join us to hear these luminaries discuss the past, present and future of our industry.
- The FBI: At the Heart of Combating Cyberthreats – 10:05-10:30am in Moscone West. FBI director Christopher Wray will discuss how the FBI’s unique position is central to US government efforts to counter criminal and national security cyberthreats to the United States and its citizens.
- RSAC Lh Pa – 4-4:45pm at the Marriott Marquis.New this year, RSAC Launch Pad will give three chosen security innovators the coveted opportunity to pitch their company to three high-profile venture capitalists in a Shark Tank®-style format.
- CyBEER Ops – 4:45-6:30pm at the Marriott Marquis. Delight in local California craft beers and non-alcoholic drinks as you mingle with peers and RSAC friends. CyBEER Ops opens RSAC Sandbox and the Early Stage Expo. Event is free for Full Conference attendees. All other badge holders can purchase tickets through registration for a fee of $25. Event access is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- RSAC After Hours: Game Night– 7-9:30pm in Moscone West. Previously the “RSAC Bash,” RSAC After Hours offers Full Conference and Discover Pass holders the chance to hang out with industry peers and colleagues in a setting of their choice. Choose from one of three After Hours events hosted Tuesday-Thursday. Tuesday evening is Game Night, which includes our arcade and game hall, sports bar, a DJ and the Warriors/Celtics game at 7:30pm.
A reminder that Expo floor hours Tuesday will be 10am-6pm and we encourage those who are unable to join us live to check out RSAC OnDemand, featuring some of Conference’s most anticipated moments.
Seen in the News
- Top 10 Sessions to Catch at RSA Conference 2019
- RSA Conference arriveth
- A GDPR ripple effect will help bring internet privacy back from the dead, Jon Callas predicts