We here at RSA Conference are continually striving to bring you excellent content year-round. Whether it's videos from your favorite conference sessions or blog posts from industry experts who can help you solve your toughest cybersecurity issues, we've got your back.
What were your favorite RSA Conference blog posts and videos in the month of September this year?
Top Blog Posts
1. Why Study Cybersecurity? Gib Sorebo, chief cybersecurity technologist at Leidos, examines the reasons why students today would be smart to study cybersecurity. He makes a compelling case. Check it out!
2. Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies: A Comprehensive Introduction: Our resident book reviewer Ben Rothke calls this recent release "a highly technical resource that is perhaps the best Bitcoin reference in print to date."
3. Getting Everyone on Board with Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity is much more team-oriented than people realize, and security professionals need every member of an organization on board—from executives to contractors to maintenance staff— if a program is going to succeed. Steve Sheck, solutions research analyst with Optiv Security offers tips.
1. Top Three Online Threats: What Can Harm Our Kids? Lance Spitzner, Director, SANS – Securing the Human, provides an overview of the basic challenges parents face in securing today’s online kid, and how to avoid the pitfalls of:
- Strangers (predators, sextortion, fraud)
- Friends (sexting, griefing, cyber-bullying)
- Themselves (sexting, social media, sharing personal information)
2. On-Demand Virtual Session: How to Explain Cybersecurity to the Board Using a Simple Metaphor: FIRE: Using lessons from firefighting and the great fires of London and Chicago, this virtual session gave attendees metaphors and stories they can use to communicate core cybersecurity concepts to the C-Suite and to the board.
3. Our next Virtual Session: SUPER CISO 2020: Preparing for the Job of the Future: The role of the CISO has evolved substantially over the past decade as awareness of breaches have moved into homes and boardrooms at an alarming rate. This session will look at the role of the CISO in governing information security practices, the reporting structures, and relationships with the other “C-suite,” and where do we go from here? What will the CISO do to keep their jobs in 2020?