We here at RSA Conference are continually striving to bring you excellent content year-round. Whether it's videos from your favorite conference sessions or blog posts from industry experts who can help you solve your toughest cybersecurity issues, we've got your back.
What were your favorite RSA Conference blog posts and videos in the month of October this year?
Top Blog Posts
1. Embracing the Power of Opportunity During Cyber Security Awareness Month: Stop. Think. Connect.: RSA Conference VP and Curator Sandra Toms writes about the ways we can be more safe in our digital world by slowing down and paying attention.
2. Information Security Policies, Procedures, and Standards: A Practitioner's Reference: Our resident book reviewer Ben Rothke calls this recent release "a helpful resource for those looking to tame the security policy beast as they embark on their journey towards creating (or updating) security policies."
3. Internet of Things: It’s Not Just the Devices!: RSA Conference Advisory Board member Ed Skoudis of SANS talks about the ways in which we need to rethink security as we build the Internet of Things.
1. Top Three Online Threats: What Can Harm Our Kids? Lance Spitzner, Director, SANS – Securing the Human, provides an overview of the basic challenges parents face in securing today’s online kid, and how to avoid the pitfalls of:
- Strangers (predators, sextortion, fraud)
- Friends (sexting, griefing, cyber-bullying)
- Themselves (sexting, social media, sharing personal information)
2. On-Demand Virtual Session: SUPER CISO 2020: Preparing for the Job of the Future: The role of the CISO has evolved substantially over the past decade as awareness of breaches have moved into homes and boardrooms at an alarming rate. This session will look at the role of the CISO in governing information security practices, the reporting structures, and relationships with the other “C-suite,” and where do we go from here? What will the CISO do to keep their jobs in 2020?
3. On-Demand Virtual Session: How to Explain Cybersecurity to the Board Using a Simple Metaphor: FIRE: Using lessons from firefighting and the great fires of London and Chicago, this virtual session gave attendees metaphors and stories they can use to communicate core cybersecurity concepts to the C-Suite and to the board.