Know Before You Go
Start by downloading the guide that's right for you:
For first-timers, RSA Conference can seem pretty overwhelming. Over 500 sessions. Hundreds of vendors. Dozens of opportunities to learn, engage and have fun. The tips, tricks and resources below will help you maximize your conference experience.
Watch this video where Linda Gray, General Manager of RSA Conference, shares her top 5 tips for navigating RSA Conference as a first-time attendee.
Plan before you go
RSA Conference is full of opportunities: instructor-led classes, hands-on seminars, peer-to-peer sessions, in-depth Learning Labs and more. Before the show, build a customized schedule using My Schedule. Download our mobile app for scheduling, updates and more.
Tips for choosing your sessions
- Dig deep. Attend sessions that enhance your learning. While some prefer attending sessions within a single track, you may want to consider sessions across multiple tracks.
- Get input from co-workers. Talk to your boss and co-workers before you come so you can gather intelligence for them.
- Divide and conquer. If you attend with co-workers, decide as a group who covers what prior to the Conference, then create a final trip report together.
Map your Expo tour
Familiarize yourself with the Expo floorplan. Highlight vendors you want to see. Look for incentives and invitations to special events from vendors in your mail and email.
Keep the party going
Some of the most valuable RSA Conference experiences happen after hours, including pub crawls, dinners and parties.
Expand your knowledge
Beat the crowds
Registration is available in Moscone North and West. Monday and Tuesday morning are the busiest times. We suggest registering on Saturday or Sunday if possible.
|Saturday||1:00 PM–6:00 PM||Moscone North|
|Sunday||7:00 AM–6:00 PM||Moscone North|
|7:00 AM–6:00 PM||Moscone West|
|Monday||7:00 AM–7:00 PM||Moscone North|
|7:00 AM–6:00 PM||Moscone West|
|Tuesday||6:30 AM–6:00 PM||Moscone North|
|6:30 AM–5:00 PM||Moscone West|
|Wednesday||6:30 AM–6:00 PM||Moscone North and West|
|Thursday||6:30 AM–6:00 PM||Moscone North|
|6:30 AM–5:30 PM||Moscone West|
|Friday||8:00 AM–2:00 PM||Moscone North|
|8:00 AM–12:30 PM||Moscone West|
The Tuesday Opening and Friday Closing Keynotes tend to be the most attended events, so get there early.
Stay hydrated and fed
Moscone North, South and West feature small food cafes and coffee bars. There are also plenty of events that include food and/or drinks.
5 tips from conference veterans
- Pack for Comfort, Convenience: Wear comfortable shoes. Pack a battery phone charger. Don’t leave your hotel without business cards.
- Plan Ahead: Schedule meetings with top executives earlier in the week. Schedule sessions you are interested in right away. The Codebreakers Bash can be a good place to network.
- Always Have a Backup Plan: Sessions can fill up quickly. Always select a plan B in case things change.
- Take Care of Yourself: Keep distance in mind when scheduling meetings. Otherwise, you will find yourself sprinting all week. Skip some after-hours events earlier in the week. Build in time to get food. Avoid lunch between 11:30 and 1:30.
- Be Smart About the Expo Floor: Use the Expo floor layout to target key companies. Visit companies that are “musts” for your organization earlier in the week.