- Nov 13, 2018
New additions bring wealth of industry knowledge across the information security landscape
BEDFORD, MA – November 13, 2018 – RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, today announced the addition of nine new members to its Advisory Board for a total of 16 members across a wide array of positions in the industry. This expansion falls under the governance pillar of the new diversity and inclusion initiative that was also announced today.
"We are beyond excited to welcome these nine industry titans to our Advisory Board," said Sandra Toms, Vice President and Curator of RSA Conference. "With these additions, we are almost doubling the size of our Board with a variety of representation, including genders and experiences, from across the globe.”
The RSA Conference Advisory Board is designed to assist in driving an impartial, yet informed dialogue on the rapidly evolving information security industry. The Advisory Board extends the influence of Conference by providing insight into trends and breaking news in the information security industry on behalf of the Conference, as well as offering guidance into overall program development.
Members of the Advisory Board contribute regularly to RSA Conference webcasts, podcasts and blogs while providing consistent commentary on current industry topics in addition to guidance on Conference programming and speaker recommendations. To maintain continuity, each member commits to a two-year tenure on the Board.
The additions to the RSA Conference Advisory Board are:
- Joyce Brocaglia – CEO, Alta Associates & Founder of the Executive Women's Forum on Information Security, Risk Management & Privacy (EWF)
- Dawn Cappelli – VP of Global Security & CISO, Rockwell Automation
- Narelle Devine – CISO, Australian Government Department of Human Services
- J. Trevor Hughes – President & CEO, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Kim Jones – Professor of Practice, Arizona State University
- Laura Koetzle – VP, Group Director, Forrester
- John Scimone – Senior Vice President & CSO, Dell
- Dr. Dena Haritos Tsamitis – Barbara Lazarus Professor in Information Networking and Director, College of Engineering Information Networking Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Caroline Wong – Chief Security Strategist, Cobalt.io
“RSA Conference has been an essential source of learning, growth and connection for me throughout my entire career,” said Wong. “Each year, I look forward to engaging with new and familiar colleagues while discussing and analyzing the latest trends in the information security industry. I’m thrilled to be joining the Advisory Board and look forward to working with the RSAC team on shaping and bringing new programs and initiatives to the overall agenda of the Conference.”
The new members join the current Board consisting of:
- Dmitri Alperovitch – Co-Founder and CTO, Crowdstrike, Inc.
- Wade Baker – Co-Founder, Cyentia Institute and Professor, Virginia Tech
- Todd Inskeep – Principal, Commercial Consulting, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Wendy Nather – Head, Advisory CISOs, Duo Security (now Cisco)
- Ed Skoudis – Founder, Counter Hack
- Hugh Thompson – Program Committee Chair, RSA Conference
- Sandra Toms – Vice President & Curator, RSA Conference
“As a veteran of the RSA Conference Advisory Board and observer of RSAC’s growth overall, I’m excited by the additions to the Board as they bring in their own unique perspectives to help better represent our attendees and their needs,” said Inskeep. “Every year the Board thinks about the future and relevance of information security to our community. I have no doubt these Board additions will help RSAC to think and act from perspectives that empower people to approach cybersecurity problems in new ways.”
RSA Conference’s past and present prestigious board members represent a wide range of perspectives in cybersecurity—including leading practitioners, venture capitalists, company executives, analysts, researchers and academics.
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference is the premier series of global events and onDemand programs where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, the Asia-Pacific region or online, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It’s about bringing all people in the cybersecurity industry together and empowering the collective “we” of the cybersecurity industry to stand against cyberthreats around the world. RSA Conference is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
RSA Conference logo, RSA, Dell, EMC, Dell EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information: