- Oct 30, 2018
RSA Conference opens call for submissions to 14th annual RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest and the inaugural RSAC Launch Pad
BEDFORD, MA – October 30, 2018 – RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, today announces submissions are open for the returning RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest and the first-ever RSAC Launch Pad.
RSAC Launch Pad will give three chosen security innovators the coveted opportunity to pitch their company to three high-profile venture capitalists in a Shark Tank®-style format. If the prominent VCs like the 10-minute pitch, participants could go home with real funding and support to expedite their company’s growth. Interested parties can apply online to compete in RSAC Launch Pad.
Returning for its 14th year, RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest is accepting submissions to name the “RSAC Most Innovative Startup 2019.” Past winners include successful companies such as Phantom, Invincea, UnifyID and most recently BigID. In the past five years alone, the contest’s top 10 finalists have collectively seen 12 acquisitions and have received over $2.05 billion in investments. Qualifying companies can apply online for a chance at competing in RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest.
Companies interested in participating in either RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest or RSAC Launch Pad are invited to submit an entry online no later than 8 p.m. PT on Tuesday, December 4. Top 10 finalists for RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest will be announced at the end of January 2019 and the three selected participants for RSAC Launch Pad will be announced mid-February 2019.
The addition of RSAC Launch Pad will broaden the opportunities for the industry’s boldest and brightest thinkers to turn their innovative companies into full-scale, influential cybersecurity businesses. RSAC Launch Pad is geared toward earlier-stage companies with no revenue, while RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest is tailored to start-ups under five years of age with less than $5 million in annual revenue.
“Over the past few years, RSAC’s innovation programming has experienced a growing interest outside of Silicon Valley, with entrepreneurs from Belgium, Australia, France and Israel submitting to and taking part in RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest. Our goal is to expand opportunities even further, for innovators at all points in their career and from all corners of the globe, to bring their ideas to fruition,” said Dr. Hugh Thompson, RSA Conference Program Chair, one of the experts behind the creation of RSAC Launch Pad and host of both events. “I think we’re going to see a lot of unique and creative approaches to today’s biggest cybersecurity challenges presented in March, and I can’t wait to see the collective brainpower behind these ideas.”
RSAC Early Stage Expo will also expand this year to include 50 of the industry’s most promising newcomers in its expo hall in the Marriott Marquis. Each startup will provide short demos of their innovative products and solutions to attendees at their kiosks, as well as give informative talks in the Early Stage Expo Briefing Center. On Monday, March 4, RSA Conference will host a half-day “How-To for Innovators and Entrepreneurs Seminar” aimed at attendees interested in learning more about obtaining funds, approaching busy CISOs and clients, and best practices in go-to-market.
For the first time, the RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox Contest will be working with international business news outlet, The Wall Street Journal. This new partnership supports RSA Conference’s goal to advance the information security industry forward on a global level by shining a spotlight on the innovation happening in the security industry around the world.
“There are very few other industries that need the forward-thinking, creative ideas that the cybersecurity field does today, a space that is expanding and shifting almost daily,” said Rob Sloan, Cybersecurity Research Director at The Wall Street Journal. “We’re excited to be an event partner with RSA Conference’s Innovation Sandbox Contest and Launch Pad this year, and we know that the concepts presented on stage during these two events will change the security industry for decades to come.”
A summary of the evaluation criteria for RSAC Launch Pad:
- Company has been incorporated for two years or less
- Company is privately held with no revenue
- Company has no more than a first round of funding
- Product has the potential to make a significant impact on the information security space
- Product is not available for commercial sale to the public on or before RSA Conference 2019 (March 4 - 8, 2019), but is expected to be launched by summer 2019
After the submission period ends on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 8 p.m. PT:
- Entries will be reviewed and ranked by participating venture capitalists
- The 3 selected participants will be notified at the beginning of February
- The 3 selected participants will be recognized on the RSA Conference website and will be promoted in other RSA Conference public relations efforts
- The 3 participants will be invited to pitch their product to the panel of venture capitalists and attendees live at 4:30 p.m. PT on Tuesday, March 5 in the Marriott Marquis - Yerba Buena Ballroom
A summary of the criteria to compete in RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest:
- The product has been in the market for less than one year (launched between December 1, 2017 and December 1, 2018)
- The product matches an identified problem in the information security marketplace
- The product takes an original and sound approach to solving a problem and has the potential to make a significant impact on information security
- The product is validated through a client’s beta testing or purchase of product
- The product can be demonstrated live and on-site during the RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest
- The company has a management team with a track record of successfully delivering products to market
- The company is privately held, with less than $5M in revenue in 2018
After the submission period ends on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 8 p.m. PT:
- Entries will be reviewed and ranked by a panel of judges that include venture capital professionals, CISOs and other outstanding industry experts
- The top 10 ranked companies will be notified at the end of January 2019
- The top 10 finalists will be recognized on the RSA Conference website with company and product profiles, and will be promoted in other RSA Conference public relations efforts
- Finalists will be invited to demo their products and present their three-minute business plan to the judging panel and attendees live at 1:30 p.m. PT on Monday, March 4 in the Marriott Marquis - Yerba Buena Ballroom
More information regarding RSA Conference 2019, taking place at the Moscone Center and the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco from March 4-8, can be found at: www.rsaconference.com.
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference is the premier series of global events and onDemand programs where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, the Asia-Pacific region or online, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It’s about bringing all people in the cybersecurity industry together and empowering the collective “we” of the cybersecurity industry to stand against cyberthreats around the world. RSA Conference is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
RSA Conference logo, RSA, Dell, EMC, Dell EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information: