- Apr 20, 2018
SAN FRANCISCO – April 20, 2018 – RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, today concluded its 27th annual event in San Francisco.
More than 42,000 attendees experienced keynote presentations, peer-to-peer sessions, track sessions, tutorials, expo floors and seminars during the course of the week focused on topics such as artificial intelligence, data privacy, gamification, the history of technology and innovation, among others. Records were set with the number of exhibitors in attendance along with overall number of sessions.
"The goal of RSA Conference is to bring the best content the cybersecurity industry has to offer across numerous platforms," said Linda Gray Martin, Director & General Manager of RSA Conference. "We succeeded, in a week filled with knowledge sharing, collaboration and the exchange of innovative ideas among the industry’s elite. In the process, we’re beginning the journey to reach and educate a new audience through RSAC onDemand. We thank everyone for making it such a special event once again and we’re excited to further these conversations in the year ahead.”
RSA Conference 2018 highlights include:
- 17 keynote presentations, more than 700 speakers across 550+ sessions and more than 600 companies on the expo floors.
- Hot session and seminar presentations included:
- Early Detections of Malicious Activity – How Well Do You Know Your DNS?; Merike Kaeo, CTO, Farsight Security
- Foundations of Bitcoin, Blockchain and Smart Contracts; Ben Jun, CEO, HVF Labs; Linda Xie, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Scalar Capital
- GDPR Essential Seminar; Laura Koetzle, VP, Group Director, Forrester; Ilias Chantzos, Senior Director EMEA and APJ, Global CIP and Privacy Advisor Government Affairs, Symantec
- Insights from NSA’s Cybersecurity Threat Operations Center; David Hogue, Technical Direct, National Security Agency
- Ransomware and Destructive Attacks Seminar; Andrew Hay, CTO, LEO Cyber Security
- BigID was named “RSA Conference 2018’s Most Innovative Startup” by the Innovation Sandbox’s judges’ panel comprised of technology, venture and security industry thought leaders.
- RSA Conference reached broader audiences with the launch of onDemand, a new way for virtual attendees to experience all RSAC has to offer for the first time.
- RSAC onDemand: Featured 18 sessions – extending content to almost 1,700 individuals who would otherwise not have experienced RSA Conference.
The 21st Annual RSA Conference Awards program highlighted the work of five security professionals for excellence in humanitarian service, information security, public policy and mathematics. This year’s winners included:
- Tim Jenkin, The African National Congress – Excellence in the Field of Humanitarian Service
- Michael Assante, Security Expert and ICS Curriculum Lead, SANS Institute – Award for Excellence in the Field of Information Security
- Professor Ran Canetti, Boston University, and Professor Rafail Ostrovsky, UCLA – Award for Excellence in the Field of Mathematics
- Admiral Michael Rogers, United States Navy – Award for Excellence in the Field of Public Policy
RSAC Unplugged London will take place on June 7, 2018. RSA Conference 2018 Asia Pacific & Japan takes place July 25 - 27, 2018 in Singapore while RSAC Unplugged Abu Dhabi is set for November 14, 2018. RSA Conference 2019 takes place March 4 - 8, 2019 in San Francisco.
RSAC EXHIBITOR AND PARTNER QUOTES:
"RSAC 2018 was one of the most memorable ones for me. In my conversations with visitors to the Carbon Black booth, I was encouraged that security leaders are focused on creating a more comprehensive and inclusive approach to cybersecurity. At the end of the day, we’re all in this together with common adversaries. While the media focus is often on the bad guys, RSAC 2018 demonstrated that product innovation makes this a great time to be a good guy.”
- Tom Kellermann, Chief Cybersecurity Officer, Carbon Black
“In keeping with previous years, RSA Conference 2018 has raised the bar in terms of the quality of participants and content, and we congratulate RSAC on these accomplishments. At Check Point, we are dedicated to providing exceptional support and enablement of our customers and partners, wherever they may be. RSA Conference 2018 provided us with the perfect environment to do that. The cyber-threat landscape is complex and evolving. Check Point is committed to playing its part, as a member of the cyber security community, to protect private and public enterprises, large and small, from these damaging cyber-attacks.”
- Peter Alexander, Chief Marketing Officer, Check Point Software Technologies
“RSA Conference is the only event that brings security experts, policy makers and executives from technology companies together in a collegial environment to discuss how best to solve the security challenges we face globally. It is a wonderful forum to help the cyber security professional stay current. We are always honored to assist by reviewing the most deadly attacks as a part of the annual address and to provide NetWars as a fun engaging environment for security professionals to test their hands-on, technical skills.”
-Ed Skoudis, Fellow at the SANS Institute
“This year’s RSA Conference has been a fantastic event for Trend Micro. Our booth has been filled each day with security professionals looking for a strategic partner to help them cut through the industry noise. With attendees from around the world coming to events like RSAC to learn more about topics ranging from IoT threats, to cloud and DevOps security, to real-world applications of machine learning, we have an opportunity to leverage trusted voices to truly shape the conversations our industry is having and ultimately better support our customers and partners alike.”
-Steve Quane, Executive Vice President, Network Defense and Hybrid Cloud Security, Trend Micro
"We've been hearing how industrial IoT security is providing the trusted foundation for a new wave of innovation and automation. At RSAC 2018, our team has had so many great discussions about this new vision for security and how emerging technologies, such as blockchain and edge computing, can be deployed to protect machines, applications and people."
- Duncan Greatwood, Chief Executive Officer, Xage Security
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- Join and follow the conversation with hashtag #RSAC
- Blog − http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/2901675
- LinkedIn Networking Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/102053116262408140181/posts
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference is the premier series of global events where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, or the Asia-Pacific region, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
# # #
RSA Conference logo, RSA, Dell, EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.