- Jul 24, 2016
RSA CONFERENCE 2016 ASIA PACIFIC & JAPAN – Singapore – 25 July, 2016 – RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conference and exposition, concluded its fourth annual RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan at Marina Bay Sands Expo® and Convention Center in Singapore on 20 – 22 July, 2016. The Conference served as a platform for cybersecurity professionals to stay abreast of fast-evolving changes in the industry.
A record number of more than 6200 registrants, a 26 percent increase from 2015, experienced more than 50 track sessions, keynotes and tutorials, which featured more than 85 speakers. The sessions were split across six dedicated conference tracks: Cloud, Mobile, & IoT Security, eFraud & Law Enforcement, Global Perspectives, Security Strategy & Data Security, Threats and Threat Actors, as well as the newly introduced track this year – Learning Lab.
During the RSA Conference, there were dedicated sessions spotlighting prevalent Asia-centric cybersecurity issues, such as the Wednesday Summits, as well as the Threats and Threat Actors conference track. These sessions were tailored to showcase and deep dive into key regional perspectives and takeaways for attendees to enhance their organizations’ overall cybersecurity posture, especially with almost three-quarters of APJ organizations facing a significant risk of cyber incidents in 2016.¹
The Conference also saw more than 100 exhibitors and sponsors in the Exhibition — an increase of 17 percent over 2015. Participating companies included Tenable Network Security, BAE Systems, EY, Qualys, Alibaba Group, BT, and RSA who showcased the latest technologies designed to secure and protect organizations against cyber threats.
RSA Conference 2016 APJ highlights included:
- Opening Address by Minister K Shanmugam, announcing MHA’s national strategy to combat cybercrime by setting out the Singapore Government’s future plans, key principles and priorities
- Opening Keynote by RSA President Amit Yoran, calls for change of perspective to fight cybercrime using a Business-Driven security approach
- Closing Keynote by Bob Geldof, a musician, businessman and world renowned humanitarian who won the Nobel Man of Peace award in 2005 for his anti-poverty efforts, discussed the effects of the digital age
- Awarded Korea Information Technology Research Institute’s Best of the Best (BoB) program the RSA Conference Recognition for Excellence in Educating the Next Generation of Cyber Professionals
- A realistic role play at Cyber-Wargame Exercise “Operation Cyber-Monkey 2016” followed a major corporate breach from the perspectives of different key participants such as Narelle Wakely (Advisory Consultant, Asia Pacific & Japan, Advanced Cyber Defense, RSA), Paul Nankervis (Advisory Consultant, RSA) and Stephen McCombie (Senior Practice Manager Advanced Cyber Defense, Asia Pacific & Japan, RSA)
- A Business Panel Session “Asian Nations Get Smarter, But Are They More Secure”, moderated by Hugh Thompson (Program Committee, RSA Conference USA)
- Hilary M. Wandall (Chairman, International Association of Privacy Professionals)
- Paul O’Rourke (Asia Pacific Cyber Security Leader, Ernst & Young)
- Alex Taverner (Head of Cyber, Commercial Solutions, JAPAC, BAE Systems)
- Zulfikar Ramzan (Chief Technology Officer, RSA)
Nigel Ng, Vice President, Asia Pacific & Japan, RSA
In this part of the world, we see countries moving towards becoming Smart Cities and Nations. As they do so, businesses now need to come up with stronger and all-encompassing strategies to keep their organizations’ data safe and secure, as cyber risks become more evident. RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan provides the necessary knowledge-exchange platform for the information security community while better informing our attendees on the world of cybercrime and security.
Linda Gray, General Manager, RSA Conference
We’re extremely honored to be able to host the RSA Conference 2016 Asia Pacific & Japan for the fourth year running. This year’s event saw a 26 percent boost in registrants over 2015 and has been growing year-over-year in the region. This is a revealing testament of how cybersecurity has become a necessary focus today, particularly as the region strives towards becoming Smart Cities and Nations.
Mr Lim Meng Hwee, Regional Director, M.Tech
Throughout this year’s event, the amount of traffic we saw at the M.Tech booth as well as the energy on the show floor was undoubtedly exceptional. Once again, RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan proves to be an ideal platform for knowledge-sharing and networking as well as a great learning experience for both private and public sector organizations to improve their understanding of cybersecurity and other global technological trends. The digital age is happening right now and with that being said, organizations know they have to place cybersecurity at the top of their priority list, in order to keep their businesses going in the long run. With this conference, they would be able to gather critical insights and broader perspectives on the cybersecurity landscape today, in order to apply the key takeaways so as to improve their business.
Matthew Alderman, Vice President, Global Strategy, Tenable Network Security
Dedicated to the business of security, RSA Conference 2016 Asia Pacific & Japan pieces industry leaders and businesses together to get a better picture on what problems are being faced in our industry, especially in our region. Not only was it the perfect platform for us to showcase our security solutions that deliver instrumental security intelligence on issues that businesses face today, we also got to participate in in-depth discussions with industry experts on the rest of the IT security industry, helping us further strengthen the cybersecurity ecosystem in a collective effort against tomorrow’s cyberattacks.
RSA Conference 2016 Abu Dhabi will take place from 15 to 16 November, 2016 at the Emirates Palace Hotel while RSA Conference 2017 USA will take place from 29 February to 4 March 2017, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. RSA Conference 2017 Asia Pacific & Japan will take place from 26 to 28 July, 2017.
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference is the premiere series of global events where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, or the Asia-Pacific region, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
# # #
RSA Conference logo, RSA and EMC are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners
 RSA, Cybersecurity Poverty Index 2016