- Apr 27, 2015
RSA CONFERENCE 2015 GATHERED TOP INFORMATION SECURITY EXPERTS TO ADDRESS CRITICAL CYBERSECURITY ISSUES THROUGH DEBATE AND SHARED LEARNING
33,000 Attendees Filled the Moscone Center, North, South and West, to Set the Industry Agenda for 2015
SAN FRANCISCO – April 27 – RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, concluded its 24th annual event last Friday at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Keynotes, sessions and debates focused on the Internet of Things, Threat Intelligence, Application Security & DevOps and much more. A record number of 33,000 attendees experienced more than 490 sessions, keynotes, peer-to-peer sessions, track sessions, tutorials and seminars, which featured 700 speakers.
“RSA Conference has been growing year-over-year, with each U.S. event seeing more attendees than ever before, and RSA Conference 2015 was no exception,” said Linda Gray, General Manager of RSA Conference. “If that’s not a testament to the passion we have as an industry – and the caliber of the event we run – I’m not sure what is! The amount of attention information security received over the last year was staggering, but it also meant we had a lot of great topics to discuss over the course of our week together at the Moscone Center. I look forward to the positive impact these discussions will make on our world moving forward.”
RSA Conference 2015 highlights include:
- Waratek was named “Most Innovative New Company at RSA Conference 2015” by the Innovation Sandbox’s judges’ panel, which was comprised of technology, venture and security industry thought leaders.
- Hot session topics and presentations:
- First time speaker Michael Lewis discussed the steps taken and the tools used to build Chevron’s security architecture in his presentation “Building a Next Generation Security Architecture.”
- Troy Braban of Australia Post presented the best security metrics to a packed house during his session “Security Metrics that your Board actually cares about!”
- Adi Shamir, Hugo Krawczyk, Nigel Smart and Paul Kocher debated what the cryptographic research and deployment challenges are for academia and industry in a two-part panel called “Post-Snowden Cryptography” moderated by Bart Preneel.
- Eran Feigenbaum, Bret Arsenault, Bruce Schneier and moderator John Pescatore deliberated the evolution of security in the cloud during “Security and Privacy in the Cloud: How Far Have We Come?”
- The 18th Annual RSA Conference Awards program highlighted the work of security professionals in the fields of mathematics, public policy and security practices. This year’s winners included:
- Richard A. Clarke, Lifetime Achievement Award
- John N. Stewart, Excellence in the Field of Information Security
- Dr. Hugo Krawczyk and Professor Ivan Bjerre Damgård, Excellence in the Field of Mathematics
- J. Michael Daniel, Excellence in the Field of Public Policy
RSAC Unplugged 2015 will be taking place in London on June 4, 2015 at the Roof Gardens in Kensington. RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan 2015 will take place on July 22 – 24, 2015 at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. Additionally, RSA Conference is expanding to Abu Dhabi November 4-5, 2015 at the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi. RSA Conference 2016 will take place February 25 – March 4, Moscone Center in San Francisco.
"The amount of traffic at this year’s show at the Cigital booth was stellar and the expo floor definitely had energy. Our recent announcement with IBM and the growing awareness of application security also contributed to the visitor volume. It was a great opportunity to start new conversations and tell people what Cigital can do for them."
- Jim Ivers, Vice President of Marketing, Cigital
“An event dedicated to the business of security like RSA Conference provides the perfect platform to learn about IT security's most important issues through first-hand interactions with peers and industry luminaries. One of the most critical discussions at the show surrounded the Internet of Threats. Now more than ever, companies are realizing they need to leverage a multi-layered approach to cybersecurity that protects their information from both inside and outside the network.
Throughout the show, Fortinet was able to engage with countless security professionals aboard the FortiExpress our state-of-the-art mobile research lab, which showcased our innovation and prowess in the realm of Enterprise Network Security.”
- Andrew Del Matto, CFO, Fortinet
“The cybersecurity industry has undoubtedly boomed in recent years, with more high-profile data breaches and larger attack surfaces than ever before, it’s not surprising that this year’s RSA Conference was a great learning experience overall. Between the research presented and the lively panels that we observed, each day presented opportunities to discover new trends and solutions to evolving problems, and also great opportunities to share the knowledge Tufin has gathered with others.
Yet again, we saw a glittering array of new tools for preventing breaches, but companies need to realize that how they organize and coordinate all of those tools on an ongoing and consistent basis is what makes them strong. Moving forward we hope enterprises will begin to see automation and orchestration as a necessity to the success of their security strategies to lessen the brunt of the everyday challenges faced by security managers. We look forward to what else is to come out of the conference and for the remainder of 2015, as well as continue learning and networking with those we encountered at RSA Conference.”
- Reuven Harrison, CTO and co-founder, Tufin
“This year we heard consistently from customers at the show that they are having to change their approach to IT security, that the level of breaches and increasing compliance needs are driving them to make major adjustments in how they protect their organizations. Both the security of their data, and the resilience and availability of services seem to be common focuses. This is also our single most important event of the year. It’s where we meet more new customers, engage with more partners and learn more about what is going on in the rest of the IT security industry than at any other venue.”
- Sol Cates, CSO, Vormetric
"It’s been an amazing week at RSA Conference. With many lessons learned by corporations, the security industry has responded quickly and made great strides this week to battle against the onslaught of cyber threats. Conference attendees responded overwhelmingly positively to our collective threat intelligence, smarter cybersecurity approach, speaking sessions and demos. In fact, our booth traffic has been higher this year than ever before, and we’re definitely looking forward to continuing these conversations at RSA Conference 2016.”
- Dick Williams, CEO, Webroot
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- Blog − http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/2901675
- LinkedIn Networking Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/102053116262408140181/posts
- Join and follow the conversation: #RSAC
About RSA Conference
RSA® Conference is the premier series of global events where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, or the Asia-Pacific region, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
# # #
EMC2, EMC, RSA and their respective logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
For More Information