- Feb 24, 2014
RSA CONFERENCE 2014 OPENS TODAY IN SAN FRANCISCO
World’s Largest Information Security Event Frames Industry Discussion For 2014
SAN FRANCISCO – February 24 –
RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, kicked off its annual show today at San Francisco’s Moscone Center. Taking place February 24 to February 28, RSA Conference 2014 brings together the top information security professionals and business leaders to discuss emerging cybersecurity trends and formulate best strategies for tackling current and future threats.
This year’s Conference includes a notable lineup of featured speakers, including:
- Nawaf Bitar, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Security Business Unit, Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Scott Charney, Corporate Vice President, Trustworthy Computing, Microsoft Corporation
- Stephen Colbert, Award-winning host and executive producer of "The Colbert Report" and New York Times best-selling author
- James Comey, Director, Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Philippe Courtot, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Qualys
- Arthur W. Coviello, Jr., Executive Chairman, RSA
- Mike Fey, Worldwide Chief Technology Officer, McAfee
- Art Gilliland, Senior Vice President and General Manager, HP Software Enterprise Security Products, Hewlett-Packard Company
- Scott Harrison, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, charity: water
- Kevin Mandia, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, FireEye
- Peter Sims, Best-selling author and entrepreneur
- Herbert "Hugh" Thompson, Ph.D, Program Committee Chair, RSA Conference
- Stephen Trilling, Senior Vice President of Security Intelligence and Technology, Symantec Corp.
- Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology & Strategy Officer (CTSO), Cisco, Chris Young, Senior Vice President, Cisco Security and Government Group, Cisco
- Taylor Wilson, Nuclear Scientist and STEM Education Evangelist
"This year we head into the most discussed conference in our history. There are tens of thousands of attendees that will converge on San Francisco to continue the dialog, share information and drive collective intelligence from both the private and public sectors," said Alex Bender, General Manager of RSA Conference. "The cyber-security industry is stronger than it has ever been and RSA Conference has become the platform where the world talks security."
Some of the highlights at RSA Conference 2014 include:
- Innovation Sandbox – Kicking off on Monday, February 24, the popular Innovation Sandbox program will culminate with one finalist being named "RSA Conference 2014’s Most Innovative Company."
- Exclusive Sessions on Industry hot Topics – Throughout the week, RSA Conference will be hosting a number of sessions covering pressing topics like surveillance and privacy, Software Defined Networks (SDN), Analytics and Big Data, the Human Element and many more. On Tuesday, February 25, a discussion on NSA surveillance will be hosted by James Lewis, Program Director, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) alongside Michael Hayden, Principal, The Chertoff Group, and Richard Clarke, Chief Executive Officer, Good Harbor Security Risk Management. On Friday, February 28th, Dan Geer, security luminary, will speak on why "We Are All Intelligence Officers Now."
- The Cryptographers’ Panel – On Tuesday, February 25, join the founders and leaders of cryptography for an engaging panel discussion about the latest advances in the field, including research areas to watch in 2014 and insights drawn from lessons learned over the last three decades. Panelists at this year’s keynote session include: Paul Kocher, President and Chief Scientist, Cryptography Research, Adi Shamir, Professor, Computer Science Department, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel, Brian LaMacchia, Director, Security & Cryptography, XCG Lab, Microsoft Research, Ronald Rivest, Vannevar Bush Professor, MIT and Whitfield Diffie, Advisory Board, SafeLogic.
- Keynote with Scott Harrison – Seven years ago Scott Harrison started charity: water with a mission to bring clean drinking water to every person on the planet living without it. Learn from Scott's personal journey from New York City nightlife to building an organization that’s funded more than 9,000 water projects in 20 countries. The remarkable success of charity: water shows us the power of community and technology when focused on a single, shared mission. Attendees can get involved by participating in the RSA Conference charity: water Challenge taking place in The Sandbox, Moscone North room 134. The challenge, walking with a full jerry can of water, simulates conditions for those who have to struggle for clean water each day. If 300 attendees complete the challenge, RSA Conference will fund two water projects in Nepal, each of which will serve 400 students.
- STEM Education Coalition – RSA Conference is challenging the industry to cultivate future information security leaders by joining the STEM Education Coalition. The Conference’s goal is to partner with 20 security organizations to join the STEM Education Coalition, fund STEM awareness, lobby Congress on education policy and deliver curriculum to students from kindergarten through higher education. Attendees are encouraged to interact with the STEM Education Coalition during RSA Conference by tweeting @StemEdCoalition
RSA Conference would like to extend its thanks to 2014 sponsors: IS THERE SOME REASON FOR THE ORDER OF SPONSORS? Juniper Networks; Microsoft, RSA Cisco; FireEye; Akamai, Ixia; Splunk; HP; Intel Security; Qualys; Symantec; HOB; Sophos; TeleTrusT; Trend Micro; Websense; AhnLab, Barracuda; Blue Coat; CA Technologies; Entrust; HID; Narus; Palo Alto Networks; SafeNet; Secunia; Tripwire; Trustwave; Venafi; Veracode; Verizon; Aligiance; Attachmate; BeyondTrust; Checkmarx; Citrix; Covisint; Entersekt; Identity Finder; Intel; Jiransoft; Lancope; Lieberman Software; LynuxWorks; NagraID Security; Proofpoint; Quintessence Labs; Sourcefire; SSH Communications Security; Sypris; Tenable Network Security; UNICOM Engineering; Unisys; viaForensics; and, Vormetric.
A complete RSA Conference 2014 agenda can be found at: http://www.rsaconference.com/events/us14/agenda
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- Blog −http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/2901675
- LinkedIn Networking Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/102053116262408140181/posts
- Join and follow the conversation: #RSAC
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference helps drive the global information security agenda with annual events in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Since 1991, RSA Conference consistently attracts the best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities to learn about information security’s most important issues through face-to-face and online interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies. As information security professionals work to stay ahead of ever-changing security threats and trends, they turn to RSA Conference for a 360-degree view of the industry. RSA Conference seeks to arm participants with the knowledge they need to remain at the forefront of the information security business. More information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry can be found at www.rsaconference.com.
# # #
EMC2, EMC, RSA and their respective logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.