- Jun 07, 2013
RSA CONFERENCE ASIA PACIFIC 2013 – Singapore – June 7, 2013
- The inaugural RSA Conference Asia Pacific 2013 was held at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore from 5 to 6 June 2013.
- The Conference drew in excess of 1,700 attendees from numerous countries throughout the Asia Pacific region.
- The Conference featured approximately 50 sessions spanning the following five tracks
- Cybercrime and Law Enforcement
- Mobile Security
- Security Infrastructure
- Cloud Security
- Data and Application Security
- More than 25 companies across the cyber security landscape showcased the tools and technologies designed to protect enterprises and their critical digital assets from sophisticated threats.
- Key highlights of the Conference include:
- The announcement by RSA of its intent to enter into a multi-year agreement with the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) to train Singaporean candidates for careers in cyber security and combatting online fraud.
- Opening Keynote ‘Big Data Transforms Security’; where Arthur Coviello, Jr, the Executive Chairman of RSA, The Security Division of EMC, Executive Vice President, EMC discussed how Big Data is transforming information security and how an intelligence-driven security strategy that uses the power of big data analytics will put the advantage of time back on the side of security practitioners enabling them to detect attacks, respond more quickly and reduce attacker dwell time.
- Closing Keynote by Frank Abagnale, famous fraud expert and subject of the best-selling book and hit movie and Broadway musical, Catch Me If You Can.
- Frank spoke about his life as the notorious imposter and fraudster of the 1960s and revealed how he learned to live on the right side of the law.
- The Cybercrime and Law Enforcement track, which was specially developed for Asia Pacific attendees:
- This track addressed cybercrime and its effect on all stakeholders, bringing in law enforcement perspectives and looking into digital forensics techniques and strategies in tackling cybercrime.
- The track also discussed the underlying legal, education and social implications and balance between the issue of privacy versus security.
- An Advanced Security Operations Center (SOC) demonstration, where RSA showcased an actual advanced attack. RSA also demonstrated its Advanced Cyber Defense service offerings and the delivery of a Next Generation Security Operations Center.
- RSA Conference Asia Pacific 2013 was a collaboration between RSA Conference, Safety and Security Industry Programme Office (SSIPO) and the Singapore Tourism Board.
- RSA Conference Europe 2013 is scheduled for October 29 – 31, 2013 in Amsterdam.
- RSA Conference 2014 will take place February 24 – 28, 2014 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco
- RSA Conference Asia Pacific 2014 will take place in May 2014 at the Marina Bay Sands Convention Center in Singapore.
“RSA Conference never fails to attract the world's best security professionals to come together to address the global security issues that we are facing today,” said Mr. Vincent Goh, Vice President, Asia Pacific & Japan at RSA The Security Division of EMC. “The inaugural RSA Conference Asia Pacific 2013 continues this tradition and served as a great platform for leading security minds to keep track of the rapid evolution of this industry, especially in the Asia Pacific region. This region continues to grow exponentially; and the conversation about the growing and unique security threats of Asia Pacific needs to continue. RSA Asia Pacific Conference looks forward to leading this conversation in the years ahead.”
Greg Bunt, Director, Security Sales, Asia Pacific, Juniper Networks
“We’ve been doing a lot of work with others in the industry, our customers, partners and analysts to understand the biggest cyber security threats facing companies today and how we can better protect companies from those threats. The inaugural RSA Conference Asia Pacific has provided further evidence that companies are struggling to keep pace with the increasing volume and sophistication of cyber-attacks, and that traditional network defenses are failing to effectively address the bulk of attacks companies face. Today’s security is only focused on yesterday’s attacks, but we must thwart attackers before they attack. As part of this, more must be done to share intelligence so companies can identify attackers earlier in the process. Conferences such as RSA are a great platform for this type of collaboration.”
Cindy Ho, Field Marketing Director, Asia Pacific, SafeNet Inc.
“SafeNet is excited to leverage RSA Conference as a platform to meet regional security industry peers to demonstrate our cloud security solution. We do not see many reputable information security trade event in Singapore, but RSA Conference is definitely the one which we are confident to meet & greet customers onsite to solve their data security concerns and provide professional consultation.”
Stanley Foo, CEO of M.Tech Products Pte Ltd.
“RSA Conference Asia Pacific 2013 had been a great success for us at M.Tech. This event not only showcased the reality of challenges we are facing, but also directed us on how to drive security threats and mobility issues to resolution. We were able to share our solutions with like-minded security professionals, engage in insightful discussions and gather feedback from decision-makers & implementers from all industries. In addition, the energetic and electrifying environment was fantastic and we were able to capture a great amount of traffic. We can’t wait to see what the next RSA Conference has to offer."
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference helps drive the global information security agenda with annual events in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. As information security professionals work to stay ahead of ever-changing security threats and trends, they turn to RSA Conference for a 360-degree view of the industry. RSA Conference seeks to arm participants with the knowledge they need to remain at the forefront of the information security business. More information on events, online programming, and the most up-to-date news