"RSA Conference 2014 “How Did We Do” Sponsor/Exhibitor Sweepstakes"
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. TRADE PROMOTION - NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED.
1. INTRODUCTION: Please read these Official Rules (“Rules” or “Official Rules”) of the RSA CONFERENCE 2014 “HOW DID WE DO” SPONSOR/EXHIBITOR SWEEPSTAKES (“Sweepstakes”). To participate in the Sweepstakes, you must agree to unconditionally accept and comply with the Rules, and the decisions and interpretations of these Rules by RSA Security LLC, which is located at 174 Middlesex Turnpike, Bedford, MA 01730 U.S.A. (“RSA” or “Sponsor”). Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. By entering you agree to comply with these Rules. If you do not agree, do not enter or accept a prize. In these Rules, “we” “our” and “us” refer to RSA, as the sponsorof the Sweepstakes; “you” and “your” refers to the participants that enter this Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is only open to individuals who can verify to Sponsor’s satisfaction that they: [a] reside in the fifty United States of America including District of Columbia; [b] not from an Excluded Territory defined below; [c] are of the age of majority in their state of primary residence as of March 4, 2014 (minimum of 21 in Mississippi, 19 or older for residents of Alabama and Nebraska); [d] coordinated logistics for their company’s booth at RSA Conference 2014 in San Francisco, California between February 24-27, 2014 (“Event”); [e] received an official email inviting them to complete an online survey about the Event; and, [f] complied with these Rules. Employees, staff, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, managers, agents or other representatives of Sponsor and EMC Corporation, of each of its/their subsidiaries and affiliates, of its / their respective advertising-, promotion- and fulfillment- agencies, legal advisors, and suppliers (including by way of example, Exhibit Survey’s Inc., 7 Hendrickson Avenue, Red Bank, NJ 07701 (“Vendor”), and all service providers associated with the Sweepstakes, and Velocity or SecureWorld Partner rewards programs) (all of the foregoing entities referred to collectively as the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and any members of each such person’s immediate family (spouses, parents, siblings, children and their spouses and in-laws) and persons living in the same household of such individuals (whether related or not) (collectively “Family”) are not eligible.
Comply With Your Company Policies. It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer's policies regarding your eligibility to participate in trade promotions such as this Sweepstakes. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES OR BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, YOU WARRANT AND REPRESENT THAT YOUR ACTIONS DO NOT VIOLATE YOUR EMPLOYER’S POLICIES AND PROCEDURES, NOR THE LAWS, REGULATIONS, CONVENTIONS, OR RULES THAT APPLY TO YOU. If you are participating in violation of your employer's policies, you may be disqualified from entering the Sweepstakes or receiving a Prize. The Sweepstakes Entities disclaim any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an entrant and his/her employer related to this matter.
Void in Excluded Territory. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND OTHER USA TERRITORIES (OTHER THAN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA), AND IN ALL JURISDICTIONS WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO JURISDICTIONS WITH LAWS THAT WOULD REQUIRE REGISTRATION AND/OR TRUST ACCOUNT OR POSTING OF A BOND, OR ANY OTHER REQUIREMENTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN SATISFIED), OR RESTRICTED OR TAXED BY LAW, OR WHERE PROHIBITED, AND VOID WHERE RESTRICTED BY INTERNAL BUSINESS OR COMPANY POLICY (COLLECTIVELY, “EXCLUDED TERRITORY”). Residents of Excluded Territory are prohibited from entering or winning a prize.
Prohibited from Entering; NO Government Official; NOT on USA Government List. No participant may enter or win a prize if he or she is [a] an official of any governmental entity as defined under any relevant anti-bribery, ethics or anti-corruption statute, law, regulation or convention, or [b] is listed on the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List, Entity List, or Unverified List; U.S. Department of the Treasury list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons; or U.S. Department of State List of Debarred Parties (currently available at http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/lists-of-parties-of-concern/denied-persons-list, http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/lists-of-parties-of-concern/entity-list, http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/SDN-List/Pages/default.aspx, http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/lists-of-parties-of-concern/unverified-list, and http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/compliance/debar_intro.html).
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter,  visit the online survey page using the link listed in the official email invitation (“Website”);  answer questions associated with the online survey, enter your contact information at the end of the survey including your full name, business phone, and business email address; and  click the ‘submit’ button. Steps 1-3 are an “Entry” or collectively “Entries” and individuals who submit an Entry are referred to as a “Participant” or “Entrant” or collectively as “Participants” or “Entrants.” Submissions must be received beginning March 4, 2014 at 12:00:01 am thru 11:59:59 PM on March 17, 2014, as recorded by Vendor’s servers associated with the Website (“Entry Period”). All times are Eastern Time. Not required to answer all questions on the survey to enter. Your survey answers do not impact your chance to win.
All Entries are subject to the Rules. Each Participant is permitted to enter only once, and may win only one prize. All Entries (including answers to all surveys) become the property of Sponsor and their receipt will not be acknowledged or returned. Any attempt by a person to gain more Entries than permitted by the Rules shall result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be declared to have been made by the individual with the name and email address corresponding to the information found on the Entry, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria. If any dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the Entry may be deemed ineligible. Entry into the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes during the Event or at any other time.
Entries May Incur Internet Usage Charges. When you visit the Website, normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will generally apply, according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement. Use of a wireless mobile device to visit the Website may result in airtime and carrier charges according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. You understand that by participating in this Sweepstakes by using a smart phone or by providing your mobile phone number as part of an Entry, if you are a potential winner, the Sponsor may contact you via mobile phone, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan.
4. SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNER AND NOTIFICATION: On or about March 24, 2014, Vendor will randomly choose one (1) winner based upon anonymous identifiers associated with each Entry. The selected Participant will have won a prize subject to fulfillment of all requirements under the Rules. Vendor will contact the potential winner within two business days of being selected by sending an email using the information provided on the Entry. Winners will be asked to provide information such as their full name, address, age, and phone number in order to claim the prize, and to complete, sign and return the Sponsor’s Prize Claim Documents defined below to Sponsor within five (5) days of the email notification being sent. The odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ELIGIBILITY, ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
Disqualification. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, and forfeiture may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to respond to notification of being selected as a winner within five (5) days, or to any other communication sent to the potential/winner within forty-eight (48) hours or such time period provided by Sponsor or Vendor;  potential winner’s failure to provide satisfactory proof of age, identity, residency or other eligibility as may be requested;  potential winner’s failure to validly claim any prize; and  any other non-compliance with Rules. If Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that a legal issue presents a significant problem related to awarding a prize to a selected entrant, another entrant will be selected instead. Notwithstanding any other statement in the Rules, in the event of a prize forfeiture and Disqualification, Sponsor will make at least two subsequent attempts to award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner, after which Sponsor shall have no obligation to award the prize.
5. PRIZE: One (1) winners will receive a prize (“Prize”) consisting of an Apple iPad mini with Retina display (WiFi + Cellular equipped), with an approximate retail value in US Dollars (‘ARV’) of $529. Cellular connection requires data plan with cellular provider, which is not included. Prize is subject to “Taxes” below. The Prize or any alternate prize as described herein represents the complete obligation and entire amount awarded the winner by Sponsor under the Sweepstakes. Prize is not redeemable for cash and not transferable. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right (except where contrary to federal, state, or local laws or regulations) to substitute a prize in whole or in part with another prize of comparable or greater value if the intended prize or any portion thereof is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Prizes are applicable for distribution to and use by consumers in the U.S.A. market, and may not function, be exportable, or supported by its manufacturer or issuer as applicable, outside of the U.S.A. All details and other restrictions of the Prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes pictured in advertising, displays, and other Sweepstakes materials are for illustrative purposes only. Actual prize may vary from prizes as pictured. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Apple Inc.
EACH WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TAXES, DUTIES AND FEES ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT AND DELIVERY OF PRIZE AND/OR USE EXCEPT AS EXPLICITLY STATED HEREIN. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ELIGIBILITY, ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES.
ARV Limitations; Restrictions. The ARV of the Prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Sponsor will expend up to a maximum of the ARV of the Prize as stated above for/toward the Prize, but may expend less depending upon the prevailing price, rebates and incentives available at that time. Winner is not entitled to claim any check, cash or other form of payment for the difference in value between the amount paid by Sponsor for/toward the Prize and the Prize's ARV above. Winner is responsible for all costs and other expenses associated with winning or acceptance of the prize that are not specifically mentioned herein.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prior to awarding any prize, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may require Entrants to sign and/or return an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release, any required tax forms, and a liability release benefiting Sponsor (collectively “Prize Claim Documents”) as described herein. Failure to return any of the Prize Claim Documents completed and fully executed within five (5) days of prize notification and receiving such Prize Claim Documents (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), except where prohibited by applicable law, may cause the prize to be forfeited and potentially awarded to an alternate as solely determined by the Sponsor.
Except with respect to any warranty issued from the Prize manufacturer, Prize is awarded by Sponsor without warranty of any kind, express or implied, without limitation. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, EXCEPT WHERE THIS WOULD BE CONTRARY TO NATIONAL, FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, OR LOCAL LAWS OR REGULATIONS. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a winner or potential winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prize as described herein.
By accepting the prize, winner also agrees and acknowledges that the prize does not in any way influence any decision in doing business with Sweepstakes Entities, and that the prize was not given in connection with or related to any sale or commercial transaction.
Publicity Release. Acceptance of a prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for Sponsor and its designees to use prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising, marketing, trade and/or publicity purposes throughout the universe, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, and without further compensation, incentive, consideration, consent or review, unless prohibited by law.
7. SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE: Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities:  shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession, loss and/or use or misuse of any prize, except to the extent prohibited by law, and  have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for: [a] any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer system or wireless phone or other device which is occasioned by accessing the Website, participating in the survey on the Website, or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming a prize, or [b] any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, viruses or bugs, or other technical malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, and whether caused by the Entrant, another party, or any persons at or associated with the Entries, survey, or Website, or Sweepstakes Entities, Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions, Entries, or prize related notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, mistyped, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for any interruptions or malfunctions; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information; or for inability of Entrant to timely enter, receive notices, communicate with Sponsor, or submit an Entry during the Entry Period; or for any delays in scheduling, performance of and/or completion of any procedures associated with the Sweepstakes, or for any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; or for any events beyond Sweepstakes Entities’ reasonable control including by way of example, as may result in disruptions, injuries, losses or damages associated with the Sweepstakes.
Release of Sweepstakes Entities. Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, managers, members, related financial entities, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, liability, losses, damages, costs and expenses directly or indirectly arising out of or related to participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use, inability to use, or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, cellular, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail or email; (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prize; or (g) any of the reasons listed in the first two paragraphs of this section 7.
Force Majeure: The failure of the Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules or for failure or unavailability as it pertains to submitting an Entry or selecting or communicating with a winner due to an act of God, hurricane, war, terrorism, fire, riot, inclement weather, industrial dispute, epidemic, earthquake, actions of governmental authorities, technological failure, or any occurrence or event outside the reasonable control of the Sponsor, or other force majeure event shall not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
8. GENERAL TERMS: Sponsor reserves the right to remove any Entrant from the Sweepstakes for violation of these terms and conditions of use, or if entry in the Sweepstakes violates the laws applicable in the jurisdiction where the entrant is employed or lives. No mechanically reproduced, forged, robotic, programmed, script, macro, software-generated or other automated or third party or multiple entries (or portions thereof) (collectively "Automated Entries") are permitted. Sponsor will disqualify all Entries it determines were submitted as Automated Entries. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found in Sponsor’s sole judgment to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, the drawing, submission of Entries, or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, ONE OR MORE ENTRIES, OR THE SELECTION PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Modify, Suspend, Terminate. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding the Prize or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, or in the event of any changes made to these Rules, notice thereof will be announced by emailing all Participants having submitted an Entry and/or by posting the information at http://www.rsaconference.com/us14rules. If the Sponsor decides to reconvene the Sweepstakes after a suspension, the determination of the Prize winner will be made from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries and registrations received as of the date of the suspension, as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor.
9. TAXES: THE FILING OF ANY FORMS AND PAYMENT OF ANY IMPORT, WITHHOLDING OR INCOME TAX AND ANY COSTS NOT EXPRESSLY INCLUDED IN THE PRIZE DESCRIPTION ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. This includes by way of example, taxes levied in connection with the Prize by any applicable federal or state government, municipality, etc., and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules. The value of the Prize may be taxable to the winner as income. In order to receive a Prize, the selected entrant must submit any tax documentation or tax information requested by Sweepstakes Entities or otherwise required by applicable law, to the designated member of Sweepstakes Entities and/or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law, including, where relevant, the law of such selected entrant’s country of residence. Prizes may be subject to tax withholding by Sponsor regardless of residency. If required to do so by applicable law, Sweepstakes Entities may prior to or following the distribution of Prize, withhold, reduce any prize, or charge prize winner in order to fulfill any tax withholding requirements imposed by on Sponsor by the IRS or other relevant tax authority. If a selected Entrant fails to provide appropriate documentation or make any tax-related payment as requested by Sweepstakes Entities or as required by law, winner may at Sponsor’s discretion forfeit the Prize and be Disqualified. Prize winner will indemnify Sweepstakes Entities for any costs, charges and taxes associated with the payment of taxes associated with the Prize.
10. LIMITS ON JUDICIAL RECOURSE & REMEDIES: Sweepstakes takes place in the United States and shall be construed in accordance with applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed exclusively by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Participants (but if deemed a minor in the jurisdiction in which he or she resides, participant’s parent or legal guardian), agrees that: [a] any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A. [b] ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED UP TO USD$750, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO, CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. WINNER / RULES: For the name of the winner and/or a copy of these Rules, please send a self addressed stamped envelope with your request to RSA CONFERENCE 2014 “HOW DID WE DO” SPONSOR/EXHIBITOR SWEEPSTAKES – Rules/Winner Request, c/o RSA Security LLC, 174 Middlesex Turnpike, Bedford, MA 01730 U.S.A., Attn: L. Gray (return postage not required for Vermont residents or residents outside the U.S.A.). Requests must be received by September 15, 2014.
© 2014 RSA Security LLC. All rights reserved. RSA2, RSA, and the RSA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This document was retrieved from http://www.rsaconference.com/events/us14/rules/sponsor-exhibitor-sweepstakes on Mon, 26 Jan 2015 09:25:54 -0500.
© 2015 EMC Corporation. All rights reserved.