“RSA CONFERENCE (US) 2014 SPEAKER REGISTRATION GIVEAWAY”
TRADE PROMOTION - NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
1. INTRODUCTION: Please read these Official Rules (“Rules” or “Official Rules”) of the RSA CONFERENCE (US) 2014 SPEAKER REGISTRATION GIVEAWAY (“Promotion”). To participate in the Promotion, you must agree to unconditionally accept and comply with the Rules, and the decisions and interpretations of these Rules by RSA Security LLC, 174 Middlesex Turnpike, Bedford, MA 01730 U.S.A. (“Sponsor”). Receiving a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. By entering you agree to comply with these Rules. If you do not agree with all the Rules, do not accept a prize. In these Rules, “we” “our” and “us” refer to RSA, as the sponsorof the Promotion; “you” and “your” refers to the participants that enter this Promotion.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is only open to: [a] guest speakers at RSA Conference 2014 in San Francisco, California during February 24-28, 2014 (“Event”), [b] whowere issued a unique Event registration discount code by Sponsor (“Discount Code”), and [c] attained the age of majority in their state, municipality, and country of primary residence (in USA: minimum of 21 in Mississippi, 19 or older for residents of Alabama and Nebraska; rest is 18 years). Employees, staff, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, managers, agents or other representatives of Sponsor and its parent EMC Corporation, and each of its/their respective subsidiaries and affiliates (referred to collectively including all of the foregoing entities as “Promotion Entities”), and any members of each such person’s immediate family (spouses, parents, siblings, children and their spouses and in-laws) and persons living in the same household of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible. All determinations of eligibility will be made by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
Comply With Your Company Policies. It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer's policies regarding your eligibility to participate in trade promotions such as this Promotion. By participating in the Promotion or by accepting any prize, you warrant and represent that your actions do not violate your employer’s policies and procedures. If you are participating in violation of your employer's policies, you may be disqualified from entering any Promotion or receiving a prize. The Promotion Entities disclaim any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between participants and their employer related to this matter.
Void in Excluded Territory. THIS PROMOTION IS VOID IN CUBA, IRAN, SUDAN, SYRIA, NORTH KOREA AND IN ALL JURISDICTIONS WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO JURISDICTIONS WITH LAWS THAT WOULD REQUIRE REGISTRATION AND/OR TRUST ACCOUNT OR POSTING OF A BOND, OR ANY OTHER REQUIREMENTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN SATISFIED), OR RESTRICTED OR TAXED BY LAW, AND VOID WHERE RESTRICTED BY INTERNAL BUSINESS OR COMPANY POLICY (COLLECTIVELY, “EXCLUDED TERRITORY”). Residents of Excluded Territory are prohibited from entering or winning a prize.
Prohibited from Entering: NO Government Official; NOT on USA Government List. No participant may win a prize if he or she is [a] an official of any governmental entity as defined under any relevant anti-bribery, ethics or anti-corruption statute, law, regulation or convention, or [b] is listed on the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List, Entity List, or Unverified List; U.S. Department of the Treasury list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons; or U.S. Department of State List of Debarred Parties.
3. GIVEAWAY: To participate, speakers share the Discount Code with those they wish to offer a USD$200 discount for attending the Event and hearing them speak. Speakers whose Discount Code is attributed to five, full Event online registrations will receive a prize, subject to availability. Up to 100 speakers can win. Registrants must use speaker’s Discount Code when registering online (“Website”) for speaker to receive credit. Registrations must be received beginning 12:00:01 AM on December 10, 2013 and no later than 11:59:59 PM on January 24, 2014 (“Giveaway Period”), as measured by Website’s servers. All times are Eastern Time. If any dispute as to which speaker should be credited with a particular registration that cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the registration may be deemed ineligible for any speaker. Participation in the Promotion does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes.
Limits on Sending Invitations. SPEAKERS CAN ONLY OFFER THEIR DISCOUNT CODE TO MEMBERS OF THEIR COMPANY, AND OTHERS THEY KNOW PERSONALLY WHO THEY BELIEVE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HEARING THEM SPEAK (COLLECTIVELY “POTENTIAL REGISTRANTS”). DISCOUNT CODES MUST BE SENT BY SPEAKERS DIRECTLY TO POTENTIAL REGISTRANTS, CANNOT BE POSTED ON ANY PUBLIC BLOGS OR WEBSITES, AND CANNOT BE FORWARDED INDISCRIMINATELY BY MEANS OF MASS EMAIL, OR BY NOTIFYING OR UPLOADING TO ALL “FRIENDS” AND/OR “FOLLOWERS.” VIOLATION OF THIS OR ANY LAWS SUCH AS CAN-SPAM (http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus61-can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business) WILL DISQUALIFY A SPEAKER FROM RECEIVING ANY PRIZE AND MAY RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION BY REGULATORY OR LEGAL AUTHORITIES.
4. WINNING PRIZE: On January 24, 2014 or shortly thereafter, Sponsor will tally the number of speakers who’s Discount Codes were attributed to at least five (5) registrations, and send them an email by February 7, 2014. Speakers may receive only one prize regardless of the number of registrations attributed to their Discount Code in excess of five. Before any winner may receive a prize, winners must complete, sign and return Sponsor’s Prize Claim Documents defined below. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, and forfeiture may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to respond to any communication sent to the potential/winner within forty-eight (48) hours or such time period provided by Sponsor;  potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, residency or other eligibility as may be requested;  potential winner’s failure to validly claim any prize; and  any other non-compliance with Rules. If Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that a legal issue presents a significant problem related to awarding a prize to a selected Speaker, Sponsor may withhold the prize, revise the Rules or the Promotion may be suspended or cancelled as necessary per Section 8 below. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ELIGIBILITY, ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION.
5. PRIZE: Qualifying speakers will receive (“Prize”) one (1) Google Nexus 7 Tablet model number (NEXUS7 ASUS-2B16) with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of USD$229. Up to 100 speakers may win a Prize and Prizes will be awarded in the order registrations were received, as recorded by the servers associated with Event registrations. Prize is subject to “Taxes” below.
The Prize or any alternate prize as described herein represents the complete obligation and entire amount awarded the winner by Sponsor under the Promotion. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are not transferable. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right (except where contrary to federal, state, or local laws or regulations) to substitute a prize in whole or in part with another prize of comparable or greater value if the intended prize or any portion thereof is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are applicable for distribution to and use by consumers in the U.S.A. market, and may not function, be exportable, or supported by its issuer outside of the U.S.A.
All details and other restrictions of the Prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes pictured in advertising, displays, and other Promotion materials are for illustrative purposes only. Actual prize may vary from prizes as pictured. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with manufacturer of the Prize.
ARV Limitations; Restrictions. The ARV of the Prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Sponsor will expend up to a maximum of the ARV of the Prize as stated above for/toward the Prize, but may expend less depending upon the prevailing price, rebates and incentives available at that time. Winner is not entitled to claim any check, cash or other form of payment for the difference in value between the amount paid by Sponsor for/toward the Prize and the Prize's ARV above. Winner is responsible for all costs and other expenses associated with winning or acceptance of the prize that are not specifically mentioned herein.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prior to awarding any prize, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may require speaker to sign and/or return an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release, any required tax forms, and a liability release benefiting Sponsor Entities (collectively “Prize Claim Documents”) as described herein. Failure to return any of the Prize Claim Documents completed and fully executed within five (5) days of prize notification and receiving such Prize Claim Documents (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), except where prohibited by applicable law, may cause the prize to be forfeited as solely determined by the Sponsor.
One or more Prize Claim Documents may be delivered via email and require the potential winner to accept the terms listed therein by replying to the email and stating his or her acceptance of the terms. Such affirmative reply by potential winner shall be as effective and binding on that Participant as if a hard copy original document was executed by hand-written signature. Also, a photocopy, scanned version, or facsimile of any signed Prize Claim Documents is as valid as if signed with an original signature.
Except with respect to any warranty issued from the Prize manufacturer, Prize is awarded by Sponsor without warranty of any kind, express or implied, without limitation. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, EXCEPT WHERE THIS WOULD BE CONTRARY TO NATIONAL, FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, OR LOCAL LAWS OR REGULATIONS. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a winner or potential winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prize as described herein. By accepting the Prize, winner also agrees and acknowledges the Prize does will not and does not in any way influence any decision in doing business with Promotion Entities, and that that the Prize was not given in connection with or related to any sale or commercial transaction or promise related thereto.
Publicity Release. Acceptance of a prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for Sponsor and its designees to use prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising, marketing, trade and/or publicity purposes throughout the universe and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, and without further compensation, incentive, consideration, consent or review, unless prohibited by law.
7. PROMOTION ENTITIES NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE: Participants agree that the Promotion Entities:  shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion, emailing of invitations, or any Promotion-related activity, or from participants’ acceptance, receipt, possession, loss and/or use or misuse of any prize, except to the extent prohibited by law, and  have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for: [a] any damage to a speaker’s or any other person’s computer system or wireless phone or other device which is occasioned by accessing the Website, registering for the Event, or otherwise participating in the Promotion or claiming a prize, or [b] any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, viruses or bugs, or other technical malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, and whether caused by the registrant, speaker, another party, or any persons at or associated with the registration, or Website, or Promotion Entities, Promotion Entities are not responsible for: incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due registrations, or prize related notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, mistyped, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for any interruptions or malfunctions; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information; or for inability of registrants to timely enter, receive notices, communicate with Sponsor, or submit a registration during the Giveaway Period; or for any delays in scheduling, performance of and/or completion of any procedures associated with the Promotion, or for any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion; or for any events beyond Promotion Entities’ reasonable control including by way of example, as may result in disruptions, injuries, losses or damages associated with the Promotion.
Release of Promotion Entities. Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Promotion, each participating speaker agrees to release and hold harmless each of the Promotion Entities and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, managers, members, related financial entities, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, liability, losses, damages, costs and expenses directly or indirectly arising out of or related to participation in the Promotion, or receipt, use, inability to use, or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, cellular, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of registrations; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail or email; (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from speaker's participation in the Promotion or receipt, use or misuse of any prize; or (g) any of the reasons listed in the first two paragraphs of this section 7.
Force Majeure: The failure of the Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules or for failure or unavailability as it pertains to the Website, or communicating with a winner due to an act of God, hurricane, war, terrorism, fire, riot, earthquake, actions of governmental authorities, industrial dispute, epidemic, fire, technological failure, or any occurrence or event outside the reasonable control of the Sponsor, or other force majeure event shall not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
8. GENERAL TERMS: Sponsor reserves the right to remove any speaker from the Promotion for violation of these terms and conditions of use, or if participation in the Promotion violates the laws applicable in the jurisdiction where the participant is employed or lives. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found in Sponsor’s sole judgment to be tampering with the registration process or the operation of the Promotion, or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A SPEAKER OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, OR THE PROCESS OF AWARDING A PRIZE, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Promotion if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Promotion is legally or technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Promotion as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prizes or continuing with the Promotion as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, or in the event of any changes made to these Rules, notice thereof will be announced by emailing all Speakers and/or by posting the information at http://www.rsaconference.com/events/us14/rules/speaker-program. If the Sponsor decides to reconvene the Promotion after a suspension, the determination of the Prize winners will be made from among all eligible, non-suspect registrations received as of the date of the suspension, as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each participant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor.
In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to the Promotion, including but not limited to decisions as to eligibility, are final. Failure to comply with these Rules may result in a speaker’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Incomplete registrations may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion.
9. TAXES: All taxes of any kind which includes by way of example, taxes levied in connection with the Prize by any federal or state government, municipality, etc., are the sole responsibility of the winner. The value of the Prize may be taxable to the winner as income. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a winner or potential winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prize as described herein. The winner must submit any tax documentation or tax information requested by Promotion Entities regardless of whether requested before or after the prize is distributed by Sponsor. If a winner fails to provide appropriate documentation or comply with such laws, the Prize may be forfeited. Prizes may be subject to tax withholding by Sponsor regardless of residency. If required to do so by applicable law, Promotion Entities may withhold, reduce any prize, or charge prize winner (before or after a Prize is distributed) in order to fulfill any tax withholding requirements imposed by on Sponsor by the IRS or other relevant tax authority. Prize winner will indemnify Promotion Entities for any costs, charges and taxes associated with the Prize.
10. LIMITS ON JUDICIAL RECOURSE & REMEDIES: Promotion takes place in the United States and shall be construed in accordance with applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Participant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed exclusively by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Participants (but if deemed a minor in the jurisdiction in which he or she resides, participant’s parent or legal guardian), agrees that: [a] any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A. [b] ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS DIRECTLY INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES UP TO THE ARV OF THE PRIZE, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SPEAKER BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND SPEAKER HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO, CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. WINNER / RULES: For the name of the winner and/or a copy of these Rules, please send a self addressed stamped envelope with your request to: RSA CONFERENCE (US) 2014 SPEAKER REGISTRATION GIVEAWAY – Rules/Winner Request, c/o Walker Information, Inc., 301 Pennsylvania Parkway, Indianapolis, IN 46280, U.S.A. (return postage not required for Vermont residents or residents outside the U.S.A.). Requests must be received by October 1, 2014 Official Rules will also be posted online at http://www.rsaconference.com/events/us14/rules/speaker-program at least until May 30, 2014.
© 2013 RSA Security Ltd. All rights reserved. EMC2, EMC, the EMC logo, RSA, and the RSA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
This document was retrieved from http://www.rsaconference.com/events/us14/rules/speaker-program on Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:50:41 -0400.
© 2015 EMC Corporation. All rights reserved.