Senior Manager, Cisco CSIRT, Cisco
Martin Nystrom is a senior manager for the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) global engineering team at Cisco Systems. Nystrom manages global architecture for Cisco's CSIRT. His team develops creative solutions for detecting and investigating security incidents across Cisco's corporate network, hosted solutions, and new ventures. As part of his role, Nystrom provides guidance for incident response and security initiatives, both to Cisco staff and executive customers.
- Commands advanced experiential knowledge of security threats and response
- Leads architecture and delivery of strategic security initiatives
- Envisions, articulates, and executes strategic opportunities for CSIRT and InfoSec
- Coaches and grows critical CSIRT capabilities (investigations, analysis, architecture)
- Relates experiential knowledge in books, papers, and Cisco and customer executive briefings.
He received a bachelor's degree from Iowa State University, a master's degree from NC State University, and maintains a CISSP certification since 2004. He is the author of O'Reilly's SQL Injection Defenses, and co-author of Security Monitoring. He is a frequent conference speaker, and was honored on the Java One Rock Star Wall of Fame. He enjoys speaking at FIRST and Cisco Live (formerly Cisco Networkers) conferences. Most of Nystrom's papers and presos can be found on his web site at xianshield.org.
Based out of Silicon Valley, Matthew Valites has been a CSIRT Investigator for 5 years. Originally a systems and mail administrator, he came to the organization via the WebEx Acquisition. With that experience, he brings expertise dealing with Incident Response in a SaaS and Cloud environment.
- Website http://www.xianshield.org